ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 'ᴏʙᴇᴅɪᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴜᴘᴘʏ & ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ'

Cassandra POV

My outfit

"So the funeral went well?"

"Mhm hmm ... it's just weird. Even though we didn't get along - I just''

"I know Jeremy," I smiled at him and hugged him.

"I heard what you did for Jenna. Thank you," he said gratefully.

"I did what I always did. I'll protect you and Jenna, when we talk about her, how is she?''

He looked ahead and rubbed his fingers. "She- I don't know. She was at the funeral and then went to her room. She hasn't come out of there since.''

I took his hands and made him look at me. "It's going to be okay, yes? I'll try to talk to her.''

"Thanks, I guess ... and that's what John gave me for you," He handed me an envelope with my name on it. I nodded to him and hugged him lightly. Before I got up and left his room. I crossed the hall and stopped in front of Jenna's door and knocked on the door. Without response. I slowly opened the door and saw Jenna sitting on the bed.

"Everything is brighter, noisier and more pronounced, but it's getting sleepy and quiet."

"You're in transition now, Aunt Jen. You can-''

"I can either drink human blood and turn into a vampire, or wait a few hours and nature will take care of me."

Silence.

"Have you- have you already chosen?" I asked her, not allowing the vulnerability to seep into my voice. Because despite everything, I don't want her to leave, but it was her choice.

"I made you a promise I intend to keep."

"What?"

She turned to me and looked me in the eye. Her eyes were full of tears, she stroked my cheek. "I don't know what I would do without you. And maybe I should have died in that ritual, but you gave me a choice. I want to use it because I can be on your side like this forever. Even if it ever happens- ''

''It will not happen.''

"- if I ever die, it won't mean I won't stay by your side. Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.''

I smiled sadly at her. "That's what I told you when I left for Europe."

"And I believed it. I believed you," she kissed me on the cheek and whispered. "I didn't want to let you go back then, but I knew this little town wasn't enough for you. When I waved to you, I knew you would come back one day.''

"I would always come back if you needed help. I would always come back to you and Jeremy. Always," I said and she hugged me. And with a whispered word, my heart skipped a beat. No matter how many times she says it.