Gem Glow

Beach City, a nice little city of really nice and accepting people, a place where one can just be themself. On the cliffside on the beach, there is a temple of a giant six-armed curly-haired woman with a mask on its head.

In one of the many hands of the temple, sits a beach house, on the porch of the said house sat a red gem peacefully watching the waves gently lapping at the sand, she takes in the sea breeze and exhales, her scarlet eyes not leaving the sight of the sea sparkling like a crystal under the sun.

"No matter how many times I see this, I'll never get tired of it." The gem said with a content sigh.

"NOOOOOOO!" The gem gets startled by the sudden scream of anguish.

"I'm sure Steven's fine." The gem said shrugging as she returned to her relaxed state.

A few minutes go by the Gem is still in the same spot, still looking out to the sea, she then heard footsteps and humming coming up the stairs of the beach house, she turned her head and saw a boy with black curly hair wearing a red shirt with a yellow star in the middle, blue jeans, and flip flops.

"Hey, Steven." She greeted the boy with a wave.

"Rory!" Steven excitedly said when he saw the gem. Rory notices that Steven was carrying... a mini freezer?

"Uh... Steven, why are ya carrying a mini freezer on yer back?" She asked as she stretched her neck to get a better look at the freezer.

"I'll explain inside, are the others there?" Rory nods with a hum as her neck returns to its normal length and follows Steven to the door.

Steven opened the door "Hey guys, you won't believe this- AHH!" Steven was cut off by a small centipede monster lunging at him, he falls to the ground along with the creature. The creature hisses and growls at Steven as it opens and closes its mouth earning a terrified scream from him.

"Heads up Amethyst!" The red gem called out as she casually punts the centipede off of the boy, "You okay there?" She asked as she helped him up.

He nods as the airborne monster was grabbed by a black whip with purple gemstones embedded in it, the whip belonging to a purple gem

"Sup Steven, Rory?" The purple gem known as Amethyst asked with a two-fingered salute she then flung the creature to the kitchen, flying over a lanky gem fending off many of the creatures on the warp pad like a graceful ballerina with her single-edged spear.

One of the centipedes approached her and in quick succession, she smacks it on the head with the back of her spear and flings it across the room with the blunt bottom, it was then caught by a taller bespectacled gem using her gauntlets and breaks its back with her knee then tosses it to one of the monsters.

She punches two others and one lands on her square-shaped hair, she then proceeds to grab it and casually rip it in half ending in a cartoonish pop then explodes into green smoke and the stoic gem nonchalantly strides off to the next creature.

The purple gem was in the back chasing one of the creatures while the lanky gem was pulling one out from under the table by its tail.

"Awesome. What are these things?" Steven asks as he puts down the freezer onto the seats by the front window as one of the creatures that crawled in front of him was poofed by Rory as she ripped it in half like the tall gem.

"Ugh! Sorry, Steven, we'll get these centipeedles out of your room." the lanky gem said as she picked up a centipeedle which proceeded to flail in her arms as it screeched.

"We think they were trying to get into the temple."

"Technically Pearl, they already are since the house is part of the temple." Rory said with a playful smile and chuckle which receives a groan from Pearl,