Prologue

I looked down through the square window and down at the airport. People rushed about, preparing for our landing. I turned my music up even louder and avoided my worries, which we starting to eat away at my thoughts. Moving to Seattle seemed like a good idea, starting over seemed like a good idea. As the plane bumped along the ground I was hardly fazed. A small child across the isle was chomping on gum to get rid of the pop in his ears. I gave the smallest smile, I used to do the same. I stood as soon as the Pilot announced we had landed. I grabbed my duffel bags and was the first one out of the plane. Many people stared as I walked by but I did my best to ignore their glances. I got to the entrance and whistled for a taxi. One came hobbling down and looked rather unstable, but cheap. I got in the back and looked at the driver. He was a middle aged man with a clean shaved face and too fancy of clothes, it kind of looked like our parts should be switched. I could then imagine me in the drivers seat. "Where you heading to?" he asked politely, looking me over through the rear view mirror.

"7867 Wicker Oak Drive?" I said reading the address off my phone.

He nodded like he has been there a thousand times before. For a shitty car it seemed to drive smoothly and we got there in no time. Even though I was emotionless to everyone I could tell this man had children and was in desperate need of money. I pulled out a twenty and handed it too him. "Keep the change," I said emotionless.

He smiled guiltily and I wanted to smile, but I knew it was for the best. Instead I gave a small wave and he handed me a card. "You don't seem like too bad of a rebel, here's my card. I'd be happy to become your main taxi man," he smiled.

I took the paper and looked it over. I looked back to him and was seriously surprised. In New York the taxi person would always flip me off before driving away. I gave a small smile and nodded my head in thanks. I then spun on my heel and headed to the two storied household. I knocked on the door and waited. Adam opened the door and smiled wide. "You're here!" he squealed.

Introduction, Adam Steel, my gay best friend. I met him in summer camp when I lived here as a child. We kept in touch over the years and here we were. I couldn't contain my smile and I hugged him. He led me inside and poured us both glasses of wine. He raised his glass formally and I just laughed. I raised mine and he stated: "To our new beginning as BFFs!" and our glasses tinked. I drank mine eagerly and smiled at Adam. To a new beginning.