3. C'est la vie

Julie

Julie

"You won't believe it.", I spoke loud enough for Luke to hear me through the phone as I was cleaning up my room.

"What is it?", he asked with curiosity.

"Reggie just texted me if we can meet up.", the broom in my hands was now on the floor as the sound of someone calling me interrupted my chores.

"He's calling.", I said and it was then that I noticed that my hands were shaking a little.

"What are you waiting for? Answer." , I hanged up at Luke and took the other call.

"Hey Julie, I hope I'm not bothering you."

I cleared my throat in an attempt to hide each strong feeling that was making my heart pound like crazy.

"You know you don't. What's up?", I heard him chuckl on the other line and I smiled by that reaction.

"Well, it's the weekend and since I won't be seeing you at the cafeteria I thought we could maybe do something."

Is it possible for everything to be flowing so easily?

"Oh. Yes, sure. Since I'm new at the city what if you gave me a tour at the center? Didn't have a chance to visit yet."

"Of course and I was thinking to invite that loverboy of yours.", I could sense the teasing tone in his voice.

I bit my lower lip nervously, "Reggie, wouldn't that be...weird?"

He chuckled once again, "It was clear that this boy is into you as much as you're into him. Don't worry I'll be the perfect match maker."

"I don't know.", my breath became quicker, "what if we also invited his other friend, Alex, so it doesn't seem that forced?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll give him a call and you call loverboy, okay?"

Loverboy, such a weird word.

"Okay okay, at eight?" ,he agreed with me sparing some more details about where we'd meet and then hanged up.

I quickly dialed Luke's phone number.

"What happ-"

"At eight in the center by the cafeteria. You, me, Reggie and Alex.", I said in one breath.

"Jules, have I told you lately how amazing you are?", Luke clearly couldn't hide his excitement. Just by the sound of his voice I felt my body relax.

"Now that you mentioned it, it's been a while.", he laughed and made a quick pause.

"You are amazing, Julie Molina.", a small smile was now stuck on my face like I was a teenager in love.

"Bye, Patterson.", I was already getting the phone away from my ear but his last words were still there making my cheeks rosy.