Chapter 2

Because of this medical condition, I haven't being able to go to school and because I can't live a normal teenage life; Isabella refuses to let me live a non-teenage life without her. She's like my life saver, she stays by my side everyday and night.

It's a long and tough 15 years of battling but the nurse told me that this year, I'd be able to go to school for the first time. "I can't wait to experience what school has to offer!" Isabella exclaims "izzy, thank you for doing it tough with me for our whole lives. Don't think I would've made it this far in love without you".

I remember feeling my whole body shaking "AUUUBREYYYYYY WAKE UP! WHERE GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY!" I awoke alarmed "izzy, you frightened me. Please don't do that again" I said, trying to catch my breath. My nurse, Brooke, walked into the room "good morning lovely ladies! Are you ready for school?" I took a deep breath "yes, where both so ready for this" Brooke walked over to my bed and grabbed my hands "Aubrey, your going to have a great time okay, if your feeling unwell then you don't have to go. We just need to you to be happy and healthy"

Mum snaps a couple of photos of us together and just when where about to leave, Brooke runs out of the hospital; panting like she had just run a marathon. "I'm sorry Aubrey, but your going to have to use this" she says while handing me a wheelchair. My mood immediately turns from happy to be going to school to not wanting to give school a chance. I took a deep breath, why couldn't I feel happy and healthy for one day! I wanted to be the kind of teenager who could break rules and party hard.

"Isabella... Do I have to go to school, I don't feel like giving school a chance anymore" Isabella immediately put on a fake smile "Aubrey, don't let the little things take over the big dreams". At that moment, I took a deep breath and said "you know what, your totally right. I'm sorry for being so negative, I'm ready to give school a go!!"

Once we arrived at the school gates, my heart was nearly jumping out of my throat I was so scared. "Omg! My babies are growing up too fast!" Mum cried, she continued telling us what time school ended and blah blah blah. As I stepped out of the car, I felt a million eyes on me "here's your wheelchair Aubrey" izzy said, sounding a bit more scared than excited.

As she pushed me to the office, I felt so self conscious and nervous "stop" I panted, my breathing had become heavier and faster. Izzy bent down next to me "you all right sis? It's okay, I'm here and I'm not going to let you out of my site". Her words made me feel a bit more calmer than I felt before "I know, but I..I..... I just don't know if I'm ready for this", she took my hands and gently ran over fingers over them "I promise you it'll be worth it" her words made me feel some sort of way, like she was always going to be by my side, no matter how far we were apart; I knew she was going to be by my side.