Chapter 3

First up, we had maths and English than we had Religion and geography. It was already lunchtime so izzy and I found a seat and sat together. We had already met three new friends; Camilla, Lucas and Peyton. Lucas and Peyton were in our classes and Camilla was our tour guide for the week while we became familiar with the school. " So, tell me all about yourselves and if it wouldn't be rude, why are you in a wheelchair?" Exclaimed Payton before shoving her apple into her mouth. Camilla gasped before punching Peyton in the arm "Peyton! You can't just go around asking people why there in a wheelchair or not walking" whispered Camilla fiercely. Peyton cleared her voice "I'm very sorry upset or offended you Aubrey". I let out a little giggle "it's alright Peyton! I'm honestly fine with you asking me that".

I sat back in the wheelchair and smiled "Isabella and I are identical twins, so when we were in our mums womb, we had a problem. We were diagnosed with TTTS. Isabella was receiving more than enough blood while I was receiving to little which meant I could develop a problem. I could've died or got cancer or being born premature. But I was lucky enough that I didn't suffer that badly, instead I was diagnosed with a heart condition and Isabella and I have being stuck in hospital for 15 years"

Everyone was silent, gawking with wide eyes. Lucas looked down at his hands an quietly replied "Aubrey, Isabella you've being through so much and one thing I know for sure; is that I know how painful it is" Peyton ran over to him and put her head on his shoulder "shhhhh Lucas, everything's okay. Savanna is going to be okay" who was Savanna? Why did my story affect him so much? I looked over to Camilla, cocking my head to the side. "I'm going to take Aubrey and Izzy for a walk" Camilla quietly announced before pushing me away.

Camilla stopped at her locker, facing izzy and I before letting out a big sigh "Lucas has being through a lot, just like you two. His younger sister, Savanna who is only 9 years old has a heart problem as well. Not only that, she was hit by a car while walking home from school one afternoon. She's being in a coma for nearly a month now and his mum and dad went through a lot; his mum has being missing for 3 months now. While Lucas's dad is trying to find his mum, he's watching over Savanna and his other younger sister Aria who is only 4 years old"

I realised that tears were streaming out of my eyes uncontrollably and Camilla was trying to keep everything together but she ended up excusing herself while she ran to the girls bathroom. Izzy turned to me "hey sis, I'm sorry but I have to go to music now, I'll meet you at your locker for last period okay" she said, it obviously was an excuse to get away; the look in her eyes was pure pain.