Chapter 5

I woke up with awful pains all over my body, I opened my eyes to see my parents, Lucas, Aria and four nurses either sitting down, leaning against a wall or watching me carefully. "What's going on?" I croaked, all eyes focused on me "Aubrey! Your awake" I heard a familiar voice yell; Isabella. "Where am I?" I whispered "sweetie, your going to be okay" my mum said, trying to look happy but I knew that something was wrong. "Mum, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I questioned "Aubrey, it's alright. Your awake and that's all that matters now" Isabella blurted out. What was going on? Why was everyone so surprised when I woke up? And why was my family crying?

I sat up "No! Ms you have to lay down and rest okay" one of the nurses demanded "but what's going on? I have a right to know why my families crying and why everyone is so surprised I woke up?" The nurse sat by my side and held my hand "I'm sorry Aubrey, where pulling you out of school until you recover." She explained "what do you mean? I'm fine, aren't i?" My mum walked out of the room and my dad followed her. The nurse sighed "Aubrey, your heart was beating too slow last night. You stopped breathing for nearly 8 minutes, I'm sorry Aubrey but everything you do is a threat to your health." I couldn't say anything, silence was all there was.

Tears ran down my cold cheeks "so what, I'm just supposed to do, let myself slowly die? I dont want to spend my life in a hospital! I don't wanna die!." I exclaimed, I stood up out of the bed and tried my best to run down the halls but I was out of breath and my vision became too blurred to escape the hospital. Fading voices in the background were screeching in my ears, even though I was really weak to run fast; I still out-runned them. I made it to the waiting room and just as I was about to run into the cafeteria, an arm reached out to grab me "hey, slow down. You okay?" A husky voice questioned. My vision was to unfocused to see who he was "no, please! Don't let them take me, I don't wanna die" I screamed; making all eyes focus on me. The husky voice whispered to me "shhhhh, everything is going to be alright. Take some deep breaths and let me help you" we slowly slid down the wall he managed to hold me against and he was rocking me in his arms.