Chapter 4

When I arrived back at the hospital, I was exhausted. My body was aching and I had passed out in the car, I had to be carried back to my room. When I woke up it was 11:45pm, my dad was
Laying in the chair besides me; fast asleep. I stood up and stretched, I heard him whisper "sleeping beauty has finally awaken" I gave him a smile "yeah, school made me so exhausted" he stood up and wrapped his arms around me "try to catch some Z's and I'll go get mum, izzy and some food" i nodded a yes to him and laid back down.

I picked up my phone to find 2 missed calls and a text from Lucas, I hope everything's okay. I decided to call him back and when he answered, he sounded like he had just being crying "hey Aubrey, I'm sorry if I woke you up" I sat up in bed "Lucas, is everything okay?" He sniffled "Aubrey, my dad isn't coming home and Aria is crying and she won't calm down and-" he was cut off by his uncontrollable tears and breathing. I took a deep breath and without hesitation I replied "Lucas, calm down okay. I'll come pick you and Aria up and you can bunk at the hospital with me" he went silent "you'd do that me for me?" I started to cry "Lucas, your one of my best friends, I'll do anything for you" he sniffled "thank you Aub's" I sniffled "get a bag packed and I'll be over there in 10"

When we arrived, he was sitting on the doorstep with Aria in his lap and two bags. My dad got out of the car and grabbed his bags while him and Aria climbed into the car "hey Lucas, how you feeling?" He nodded "I'm not feeling the best but Aria has settled down and the idea of meeting you gave her something else to think about" I felt a little smile creep on my face.

When we arrived, he stopped me in the waiting room "hey, can you take Aria up to the room, I just need to drop by savanna's room quickly" he whispered before passing the fragile body to me "sure thing, it's floor 5 room 37" I whispered back before he nodded before walking In the opposite direction. Aria had her arms wrapped around me and was fiddling with my hair.

When we arrived back to my room, she had fallen asleep so I laid her down on the lounge and given her a blanket. When I got to my bed, I heard a little sniffle and a quiet voice say "please don't go, I'm scared of people leaving me" at that moment I realised that Aria's family was so unsteady; that she didn't know who to accept or not. I picked her up and laid her in my bed with me before replying "Aria, it's going to be fine. I won't leave you anytime soon" she slowly and quietly drifted into a deep sleep. She had her hands in mine to make sure I wouldn't leave.