Chapter 5: The Bat's Out of The Bag

NO ONE'S POV:

(At the Fortress of Solitude Lex Luthor finishes making one of the super pills. Back in the Watchtower; Superman & Flash play chess while discussing what they could & should do next. As Luthor talks with the Kents, Martha tells him a story from when Clark was a child. Luthor gets out of it that Superman is a scared child. Martha replies with: "Aren't we all?" And now the conversation is reaching its end.)

Martha: Look around us. He lived when his birthparents died. He lived when his world died. He lived when his city died. He lived when his child and Lois died. I don't think he could lose anything else and live with himself.

Jonathan: It's why Martha and I are here in this fortress. Clark honestly believes he's protecting us by keeping us here. But I fear he will put the whole world in a fortress to keep it safe.

Luthor: What would you have me do?

Jonathan: When the time comes, I expect you to do what is right. You've just created the means to stop him. You've created something that will put power in ordinary hands, and don't pretend for a second that it hasn't occurred to you. All I ask is that, on that day--I fear a day may come when the world needs to be saved from our son. You have to find a way to save him too.

(On the Watchtower Luthor presents the pill to the League. Hawkgirl raises the question; "What if it fell into the wrong hands?" Superman replies with "It won't." Damian takes the pill & uses the teleporter to take him to Gotham City. Unknown to him however, Hawkgirl sees the teleporter's destination. In the Batcave, Damian talks with Alfred for a short bit & his father but it goes nowhere. Damian smacks Alfred away into computer screens & he punches Batman into the giant penny. The penny's about to fall on Alfred but Hawkgirl arrives & holds it up.)

Damian: I'm sorry...I didn't know how strong I was.

Alfred: Bruce...Where's Bruce??

Batman: [groans]

Hawkgirl: I think we should go back to the Watchtower, Robin.

Batman: No. Leave him.

Damian: Since when do you listen to Batman, Hawkgirl? Wait. What are you doing here? How do you even know where the cave is? After he took you. You came back. You came back and gave us his message. Even today. You kept raising doubts over the pill. And the penny...Hawkgirl is strong--

(He presses something on his utility belt.)

Damian: But not that strong.

(Damian leaves with the Nightwing suit

(Damian leaves with the Nightwing suit. Cut to Y/N on his apartment's balcony, sitting next to Delirium.)

(Y/N): Sure is beautiful today.

Delirium: Yes. The breeze feels...nice.

(Y/N): Come on, D. You have to admit that it does feel good to be separated from me from time to time. Feels good to me. *stretches out his arms*