❝ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1: Nᴇᴡs ᴏꜰ ᴀ Fᴇsᴛɪᴠᴀʟ ❞

Katherine's POV:

I was tending to my garden when Shrub flew in. I smiled at the sight of her, a small pounding of my heart in my chest. "Lady Katherine!" She greeted me.

"Hello, Shrub." I smiled softly at her.

"I was uhm- I wanted to ask if you uh- I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a picnic...?" She asked, her cheeks a light red color. I let out a small laugh, looking down at the gnome queen.

"Of course, I would love to!" I smiled down at her. Shrub nodding.

"I'll go set it up now!" She grinned, and with that, she flew off. I continued tending to my garden. Soon, I finished up and left to go wash my hands. Unfortunately, I wasn't done with visitors. Scott burst into the room I was in.

"Katherine!" Scott yelled. I turned to face him.

"What?" I asked, sighing. Do neutral flower ladies ever get a break? I thought, looking at the King of Rivendell.

"I need your help picking out an outfit. Because you're the flower lady, and out of all the empires here, don't have a crazy fashion sense." He said, waving. His wings folding back into place.

"Let me guess, another date with the codfather?" I questioned, smirking.

"Well- it's more like a festival- you're welcome to come with Shrub!" He smiled, as if it wasn't nonsense that I'd bring Shrub. I mean- I would. "But I take it he's your plus one? Do the other empires know of this?"

"No- I was kind of hoping you'd help with the invites." He sighed.

"Of course. I'll help. Know what the theme is?" I asked, and Scott nodded.

"The theme, is to dress as your plus one's kingdom theme, or whatever." He shrugged, and I suddenly thought of Shrub with little fairy wings, with flowers decorating her outfit, blue or purple flowers in her hair like a flower crown. And suddenly, I genuinely wanted Shrub to come. As my plus one. "What's with the red face, Katherine?" Scott asked, smirking at me.

"What are you talking about Scott? My face isn't red, yours is. Oh, my Overgrown- Scott, imagine Jimmy wearing Rivendell clothing. He'd look so fashionable!" I squealed, suddenly having the image. "Once I'm done with you, send him over Scott. I need to get his outfit on him, stat." I ordered.

"Of course, Kathrine. Getting a cod boy in elf clothing is your highest priority." He rolled his eyes at me, but also going a bit red at the image himself. "I'm inviting you now, and not Shrub because I have a feeling, you'd ask her to be your plus one." He smirked.

"I- fine. You caught me." I grumbled.

"Knew it." Scott smirked. "So, when am I getting my marvelous outfit?" He asked.

"Soon, Scott. Soon." I mumbled. He walked out, and I could hear the flapping of his wings as he went. I began making their outfits, Jimmy had come by to ask for his outfit, which I did give him. We both squealed over it and joked about how Scout would react at the festival. Then, I worked on me and Shrub's outfits. Then Lizzie and Joel's. Pearl, Gem, fWhip, Sausage and Pixl also asked for me to make their outfits. And Joey. Everyone came to me for their outfits.

Expect Shrub. Scott had his reason for not inviting her... yet. And that reason was me. He wanted me to ask her, instead of just blatantly giving her the invite. I would... have my plans for how. During our da- I mean, hangout tomorrow will I give her the outfit, and ask.

AN: If you do want this to continue, please let me know!