❝ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: Dᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Hᴇʀ ❞

Shubble/Shrub's POV:

Katherine met me at my place, wearing her usual outfit. I assumed it was her picnic outfit, along with her usual outfit. She is the flower lady after all. And, just as pretty as the flowers in her kingdom. "Greetings, Shrub!" She smiled at me.

"Katherine! You brought... a basket? I said, I'd prepare it." I said, a small smile tugging at my lips.

"Ah..yes you did, but... I have something I want to ask and give you. If that's okay?" She asked, and I could see her face turning a faint pink. What was in it? I thought.

"This way, it's over here." I smiled, taking her hand and leading her to a flat area with mushrooms and flowers surrounding it on a cliff. Katherine let out a few small giggles as I asked questions about what was in the basket. "Is it a puppy for me? Hm... another wolf mask for my disguise?" I asked.

"No Shrub, you'll see." She smiled softly down at me, and I couldn't help but get lost in her gray/grey eyes. They were so pretty. The color of storms, that brought rain to help the flowers. The darker silvery color of the moon, that I traveled under as the wolf spirit with my pack. We sat down, and she dug into the basket, pulling out a pale, pastel yellow dress. Along with... a flower crown made of purple and blue flowers. Those were her favorite colors.

"I- What's all this for, Katherine?" I asked, blushing lightly.

"Well- Scott's throwing this festival, inviting all the other empires-"

"All the empires? He didn't invite me, Katherine!"

"I know why- let me finish." She smiled, laughing a little. "He didn't invite you... because he wanted me to have the chance to ask you... a question." 

"Well? What is it, Lady Katherine?" I asked. She heaved in a sigh.

"Overgrown, you're so dense, Shrub." She mumbled to herself, face-palming. "To ask you to be my plus one to it!" Katherine blurted out suddenly. Both our faces turned red, but I was too busy hiding mine to see her hiding hers, and the flowers popping up beside her.

"Well, my answer is yes then." I smiled. After that, the date went by rather quickly. Though, I'm sure there was something she wanted to ask, something other than to be her plus one, I assume. I wouldn't push for it though. And, I was in my mushroom castle getting dressed in the outfit Katherine gave me. There was a knock, and I came down through the many floors of the castle I was in.

There was a barrel, with a sign on it that read:

Sorry I forgot to give you these. No fairies were harmed in the making. The theme of the dance was to dress like your plus one's kingdom theme. Or- species? You'll make a cute fairy, though!

I blushed at the thought.  I took it out, and found myself holding elytra that was custom made to look like fairy wings. What would..? Oh- OH- Katherine would be dressing as a gnome in cute little mushroom boots- I'm rambling about it. I went turned and went into my house this time, not the castle and put the elytra on.

I arrived at the festival; it was where Scott had held the last one when we told them of Xornoth's defeat. Katherine was waiting at the bottom of it for me. She wanted to enter together. I guess so, as I was her plus one. When Katherine spotted me, both our jaws dropped. Katherine- oh Wolf Spirit, did she look amazing. She had on the adorable mushroom boots, her hair was let low in loose curls, and she had on a formal version of my outfit but her colors.

The hair spiraled loosely off her shoulders. Her outfit was mainly laced white, with purple and blue mushroom designs imprinted onto it with a white skirt and the same pale mushroom hat on her that I formally wore... but her size. She bowed politely. "Shrub." She greeted. "May I take this dance?" She asked, her eyes intelligently shining in the faint sunlight that would soon become moonlight. I took her hand, and we made our way up.

"Looks like my plan worked, huh Katherine?" Scott smirked in greeting to the flower lady. Jimmy followed close behind, not in slime for a change, and from his outfit... his plus one was Scott. I could only guess that Katherine made their outfits.

"Shhhh Scott. Nothing official, yet. What about you two, then?" She questioned in defense for herself, and Jimmy was about to respond if Scott didn't have the need to switch subjects.

"Okay! It's time for the dancing portion of the festival! Take your plus one, and dance. Yes, I mean slow-dance." Scott yelled, then smirked at Katherine and took Jimmy away. Katherine looked flustered to say the least. So was I.

"Then? What was the question for?" She asked, smiling at me with that sweet, soft smile of hers. I smiled and nodded at her. We stepped forward, facing each other. One hand on each other's waist, and holding each other's other hand. We did as you would with the dance, letting out small giggles at certain times.

"Katherine...why? Why did you ask me to be your plus one?" I asked. Katherine sighed, she had suspected this was coming.

"Because Shrub- Shelby- I... I like you, okay?" She mumbled, going red. I admit, I did too, and the other empires' rulers turned to look at us. They were looking for my response. I wasn't great with words. And, actions speak louder than words so.. I kissed her. I panicked, okay?

"Oh Spirits- Katherine- I-"

"Just shut up." And with that, Katherine grabbed me, and bent down. Our lips touched once more, hers crashing against mine. Scott was the first to start clapping, then the other followed closely after him.

She finally kissed me. A gnome and a fairy. Two beings of nature. Together. Just like the cod and the elf. The fish goddess and the short man.  The parrot and the demon. The wrongfully possessed, and the farmer. The prophet and his sand.

We all had someone important, didn't we?