solitude

Requested by @donttrustaliyah

I took what I was given and made THIS

I took what I was given and made THIS. I hope you enjoy it.

Once again, Lila is back with her lies—but this time, Marinette thinks she's taken it too far by involving Adrien's deceased mother into the lie

_______________________________

"I'm sure you've all seen the film Solitude?"

Disinterested, Marinette took a bite out of her apple. All around her, the lunch table she usually sat at in the back corner of the cafeteria with her three closest friends had been bombarded by not only Lila, but her little swarm of followers who couldn't stop eating out of her hand.

"Who hasn't?" Nino said. He was just as unamused as the rest of his friends. There was a reason why they'd chosen this table, after all. It was quiet, away from all the rowdiness of the cafeteria, and the farthest away from where Lila usually sat.

Alya's eyes remained narrowed at Lila as she blew out a large bubble of gum. It popped a moment later and she continued to chew as if nothing had happened. Marinette wasn't sure why Alya chose to chew gum during lunch.

And then there was Adrien, who sat right beside her with his hands in his lap, staring absently at the lunch on his tray that he hadn't even touched. He hadn't said a word since Lila approached their table either, which was kind of surprising considering Adrien tended to always put Lila in her place. However, the second she decided to mention the name of the movie Adrien's mother had starred in, Adrien had tensed so suddenly it had Marinette glancing worriedly out of the corner of her eye at him.

"Well, I'm glad you're familiar with it," Lila said as she tossed one of her sausage-like braids over her shoulder. "Because they're planning to remake the film. And guess who's going to play the main role?"

No one bothered to indulge her question. Nino took a silent sip of his soda. Alya simply smacked her lips together as she chewed her gum and continued to stare. Marinette took another bite out of her apple as she too stared. Adrien remained silent, his distraught-looking eyes frozen on his untouched lunch.