soulmate song

Requested by @the_fiery_phoenix

Quick side note: Right when I finished writing this one-shot is when I realized that you specifically mentioned a Marichat soulmate Au

And guess what? I'd written this in adrienette thinking the whole time that's what your comment said.

Oops? I guess?

I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

Marinette lives in a world where soulmates aren't found attached to the other end of a red string

Marinette lives in a world where soulmates aren't found attached to the other end of a red string. They're found through a song.

So when she suddenly can't get a certain song out of her head one night, and she hears a handsome, blonde pianist, playing that exact same song through her apartment wall... well... you can't blame her for believing he's her soulmate.

_______________________________

At first, Marinette thought she was going completely insane.

It started earlier that morning when she woke up at five, hoping to be on time in her parents bakery by six. Almost every morning, she was so exhausted that she would have to fight herself to get out of bed, and she usually needed her cup of coffee before she could talk to anyone, let alone function.

But when she first woke up that morning, Marinette woke up with an urge to hum something.

And now, she couldn't stop humming.

Of course, it wasn't odd that she was humming. Humming tunes was normal. The problem was what she had stuck in her head that she couldn't stop humming.

It was a classical song. Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca to be specific. And Marinette couldn't figure out why!

She never listened to classical music on a regular. As a matter of fact, she hadn't even heard that song being played at all recently.

So why on earth was it stuck in her head?

She tried to figure that out even as she stood and worked at the cashier almost all day, serving customers with half of her mind somewhere else. Most of the regulars must've known that she was distracted anyways.