salty shenanigans pt1

Requested by Freddy101

Fed up with all of Lila's lies, Marinette decides it's time to have a little fun of her own

Fed up with all of Lila's lies, Marinette decides it's time to have a little fun of her own. And it gets even better when even Adrien is all in for pouring a little bit of salt on the liar's wounds.

_______________________________

"I'm going to throw a party for Lila."

Everyone that was sitting at her table froze, including Nino, who had his spoon full of pudding hovering in mid air and only inches away from his open mouth. Alya looked just as shocked, her eyes wide and her mouth also agape.

Adrien, however, simply kept his gaze downcast as he continued picking at his salad, as if he hadn't heard what she'd just said at all.

"What?" Alya lowered her fork, looking extremely puzzled, "But you hate Lila."

Marinette pursed her lips and nodded, "Yeah I do. Buuuuttt one of us has to be the bigger person and patch things up, right?"

Alya and Nino exchanged an uncertain look. "Yeah... I guess," Alya unsurely met Marinette's gaze again. "I'm just... surprised, I guess, that you're taking that step."

Marinette scoffed lightly and scrunched up her nose. "And why wouldn't I be?"

"Marinette, just a week ago you accused Lila of vandalism."

"Uh yeah. Because she did. She did graffiti all over my locker. Do you need a reminder? I have pictures—"

"And she explained that it was an accident. She meant to wrap your locker in wrapping paper first, y'know, for your birthday?" Alya scrutinized the ravenette with a look Marinette did not like. "Cause she was trying to surprise you, but her short term memory ruined it."

Marinette wanted to roll her eyes. Short term memory loss? More like long term bitterness. Lila enjoyed holding grudges; she found fascination in getting revenge. She knew exactly what she was doing when she spray painted Marinette's locker, and she wasn't sorry for it.

"Well consider this a 'return the favor' sort of gesture," Marinette smiled, her arms outstretched. "She surprised me, and now I'm simply surprising her in return."

Smirking, Marinette spared a glance out of the corner of her eye towards Adrien when he chuckled, trying his best to suppress a smile.

Alya eyes instantly darted to Adrien, frowning, "Oh? So... are you two planning something?"

"Oh definitely," Adrien chuckled before Marinette could respond. They all turned to look at him, Alya and Nino watching him extremely confused, and Marinette smiling widely, as Adrien extended his arm and reached for the center of the table, wrapping his fingers around the white, salt shaker.