right next to you pt1

Requested by @Morrielle_4405

When I tell you I've never written anything based on just one song and nothing else, I really mean that

When I tell you I've never written anything based on just one song and nothing else, I really mean that. But y'know what? That's the whole point of the challenge.

I apologize for the wait, but I hope you enjoy this!

_______________________________

"Do you hear me?"

The world around her was quiet and white; so white that it was impossible to see anything else. And a white void was never a good place to be... or was it? If white was the opposite of darkness, then she should have nothing to fear.

But Marinette was terrified. She didn't know where she was. She could hear a faint voice somewhere, but everywhere she looked, she couldn't find the source of the voice anywhere. She didn't even know if the voice was male or female. It was simply there, and it was always whispered.

When she tried to open her mouth and respond to it, she found that she didn't have a voice to speak with. Her throat was sore and her eyes stung—not just from the bright white that surrounded her, but from the tears that were beginning to collect.

Where was she? She felt like she was in a dream. She couldn't remember what had happened before this.

"Do you hear me?"

Again she heard the voice, and the question it asked couldn't have been any clearer. Yes, she could. But she couldn't respond verbally no matter how hard she tried. She could hear the pain behind that whispered question, and she wasn't sure why they were hurting. But she wanted to do something to help.

Then, something warm tingled her. At first she had no idea where the feeling had come from. Until she realized it... someone had grabbed her hand.

"I'm talking to you... please... can you hear me?"

She heard the voice again, and in response, Marinette slowly flexed her fingers, hoping that if the voice couldn't hear her, they could feel her instead. A smile pulled at her lips as soon as she heard a gasp, and a chuckle of relief shortly follow.

Someone returned her squeeze, and the voice continued on in a low whisper, but she couldn't understand anything else it said. Everything that followed sounded mumbled.

But even then, she was able to help somehow, even if she still had no idea who the voice belonged to.

Since that day, the voice no longer sounded sad. For a long time, the voice would be frequent. It would come and go at different times, and most of the time, all it sounded like was like a distant humming.