The Idol

"Are you ok Princess Devasena?" 

"I am ok but please don't call me Princess just Devasena will do"

She nodded and gave her some water, Devasena thanked her and took some sips. 

"Aradhya from Rajputana"

Devasena was stunned, she heard about Rajputana, a legendary kingdom with all the resources and a very rich and prosperous kingdom.  She has heard about the betrayal that happened in the beautiful palace which caused the death of the previous King and Queen. She had heard about the tales of the beauty of the heavenly princess and none of those stories can describe the angel in front of her. She was lost in her thought when she heard the Rajputana princess saying something which blew her mind. 

"Rajkumar Baahubali and I are supposed to marry each other. This was decided when we were still young by my parents and Rajmata Sivagami."

She felt sad and heartbroken that the Prince of Mahishmati would hide such a thing from her. 

How could he do this? He should have told her this, he shouldn't have hidden such an important thing from her, he was supposed to be married to another princess and he fell in love with her? 

"W-what?" 

"Yes"

"But we are in love, I can't live without him."

"I know, I cannot promise you anything, just please be patient for some time. I will try my best to get you two married." 

Devasena nodded and Aradhya smiled at her. Devasena did not see the pain and tears behind her smile because Aradhya was used to hiding it so good that not even her best friend from her childhood could notice it.

Rajmata Sivagami dismissed the court. Baahubali relieved took the gift that he got and went towards his best friend's room knowing his mother needed some time alone to collect her thoughts. 

As soon as he entered, he heaved a sign loving the familiar jasmine's heavenly fragrance, the fragrance which will always calm him down whatever the problem was, he was also tensed about what will happen in court tomorrow but he didn't think much about it as he proceeded into the beautiful room his friend herself designed.

Aradhya and Devasena turned to Baahubali who entered the room. He smiled at them to ease the tension as he saw Devasena's angry face and Aradhya's tired face. He could see the dark circles under Aradhya's eyes which made her much more beautiful, he knew she didn't sleep properly just by seeing her face and he also knew something else was bothering her, he could read her like an open book just Aradhya could read him. Devasena went out of the room and Baahubali looked at Aradhya with questioning eyes.

"Why didn't you tell her that our parents fixed our marriage?"

Baahubali was shocked by the question, he now understood why Devasena looked angry. He was a bit tensed as to how he should calm down Devasena but he ignored that for now and looked at the cute princess in front of him as he smiled sheepishly at her as she shook her head in disbelief at him. 

"What happened?"

She asked him tiredly, while he smiled at her and slowly revealed the gift he bought for her. A beautiful smile bloomed on her face, but then she had tears in her eyes, and Baahubali was tensed as he went near her.

"What happened Chutki? Don't you like the idol?"

She shook her head and smiled at him.

"When did you buy it?"

"I saw it in one of the shops and I thought you would like it. But looking at your face I think I was wrong. Let me take it away."

He teased her to lift her mood. 

"No no no I love it, give it to me."

"No"

He denied her and held the idol up in his hand and she pouted as she was trying to reach it but as she was small in front of his towering figure she could not reach it. She jumped to reach it but she lost her balance and fell on Baahubali as he was not ready he fell and Aradhya fell on top of him. 

They drowned in each other's eyes and could not avert their gaze. 

"What is happening here?"

They immediately got up and looked at the person who interrupted them and was shocked.

Who interrupted them? What will happen? Any guesses?

The room above is Aradhya's room.

Do vote and comment and Eid Mubarak everyone. Byee.