The Shock

"What is this Rajmata? Aradhya and Prince Baahubali's marriage was fixed even before both of them were adults, now suddenly you are saying that you can't fulfill your promise and ask me to remain calm? How?"

It was in the evening before dinner, Rajmata had called all Aditya to inform him about the marriage as he was not present in court that day, all were present there including Devasena and Kattapa. All were tensed about how he will react, Aradhya felt very scared not knowing what her eldest brother will do, after all, he was a very unpredictable person. 

"Do you know how many proposals have been made for Aradhya? Powerful Princes have asked for her hand, I have refused all of them honoring the promise which was made."

The insult was clear and all were angry about how he spoke but kept quiet. Aditya was pacing around and suddenly smiled, his smile was malicious and evil that only his siblings could see. 

"So if you have fixed Baahubali's marriage with another Princess, then I think you have no objection if I fix my sister's marriage with another Prince, do you?"

It was a shock to everyone, they never expected this. He was so sudden and who is he planning to get Aradhya to get married to?

"W-Which Prince, are you going to get her married to?"

"Prince Jai"

Everyone was shaken to the core, all of them have heard stories about Prince Jai, he's a monster, a ruthless beast. He kills people mercilessly to have power. 

Aradhya stumbled hearing that name and Baahu held her and sat her down, all the while Aditya was glaring at both of them with so much anger. 

"What are you saying? You have heard all the stories about Prince Jai, then how can you say this?"

"Those stories could be rumors too, Rajmata and what do you care? You could not even fulfill a promise on your behalf. Who I get my sister married to is none of your business"

Suddenly there were three swords and one dagger at his neck, he was shocked. Baahu, Bhalla, and Devasena had their swords on his neck while the dagger belonged to Aradhya. It was a gift from her dear Mother. 

"Stop this."

The swords were removed but the dagger stayed.

"Aradhya"

She slowly removed the dagger from his throat, he was glaring at her but there was no fear on her face in fact there was no emotion on her face. 

"I am getting Aradhya married to Prince Jai on the day Baahu and Devasena will be getting married. This is final." 

Saying this Aditya went out of the chamber and Aradhya left too.