The Tragedy of Trial 5

Shuichi's POV

We were stuck at a stand still. Who was in that robot? Was it Kokichi Ouma, the ultimate supreme leader or was it Kaito Momota, the ultimate astronaut. And who killed who if so? Was it Maki who killed Kaito with poison? Did Kaito crush Kokichi or vise versa? None of us, even Monokuma, could place who the culprit was or who stood inside the monobeast. It'd had been awhile since anyone had spoke and Monokuma grew irritated.

"Alright you sacks of crap! Figure it out now I'm gonna kill the lot of ya!!" He shouted in his unique voice. Yet still none of us said a word. I locked eyes with Kiibo, praying that maybe he had an explanation.

Kiibo soon spoke up, "I mean, logically speaking, the one who's most likely to of killed is Kokichi. He was always saying he was the mastermind and that he hated Kaito. Plus Maki said it herself- Kokichi drank the antidote so-"

"What if he didn't drink it. What if he gave the antidote to Kaito?" I objected.

"Why the hell would he do that? Kiibo just said that Kokichi hated him. So why be nice?" Himiko suggested. Her words, much like everyone's elses, were bias. Everyone hated Ouma. He presented himself as so unlikeable that no one could tolerate him. The only person who seemed to was... well Kirumi and Rantaro.

"Maybe Kokichi didn't want the guilt of Kaito's death on his hands.." Everyone looked towards Maki. "Kokichi, no matter how I hate to say it, has a heart and feelings too. Such as not wanted to die or not wanting the guilt of someone's death on his record."

"He basically killed Miu and Gonta though-" Tsumugi tried to speak but got an immediate denial from Maki.

"No! He did it out of self defense. Miu was going to kill him and he didn't want to die. That is the entire issue here, Kokichi took advantage of Gonta because he knew something was wrong with Gonta. Maybe he didn't expect Monokuma to kill the real Gonta as well as the other Gonta." She looked down. "What if he's in that robot right now because he doesn't want to face the person who killed a man infront of him."

My eyed widened. "So.. you're really set in stone that you were the one who killed Kaito?"

Maki goes to the monobeast and begins to climb high enough to open the hatch. As soon as it's opened she just jumps back down, walks back to her podium and her eyes water. "I-im.. I'm so sorry Kaito.." was all she could utter.

Kokichi climbed out the beast and to his podium, throwing the question marked sign onto the ground. "You're all a bunch of morons! You know that?! Especially little Miss Maki! Me and Kaito were actually doing something y'know."

"Hey- what do you mean by that?" Kiibo asked, confused like the rest of us. However we all soon mentally come to the conclusion of the events.

"Maki shot me and Kaito, I know the cheek of that woman. Hurt like hell. And after we found out we were fucking poisoned and I got an antidote, I drank half the bottle." Kokichi explained. It all seemed so sincere too, not like any of his lies.

"But then, if you drank half, why did you let Kaito die?!" Himiko yelled.

"Kaito refused to drink it. Said 'my time was coming to and end already' or some shit. He even grabbed the bottle and threw it onto the floor. I could tell he was sick before the poison and he looked worse after. Im no doctor but I could tell, even without the poison, he would of died relatively quickly. Like a few hours, honestly."

"So... why was he under the press? Why did you hide the fact that kaito was dead. Why was the video cu-" Kiibo was soon interrupted.

"I had already told Kaito my plan. To end the game in one trial." His podium moved forward. "A plan to kill one of ourselves, hide the victim and culprit and start the tial of the unsolvable murder. But crazy lady over there ruined it. I was the one who was supposed to die yknow! Not kaito. God no not kaito, he was too nice to die. But due to the poison and his illness, we thought it best to kill him."