2 - black eye

dream laid on his bed that night, staring up at the darkness of his ceiling up with his posters. his heart was racing as fast as it did when he just met the girl of his dreams. dreams mind couldn't get the image of her off his head, or the things he told him. she was a fresh memory in his head, replaying everywhere he looked.

this was the best halloween of his life.

•••

"what? princess athena did not say that to you" george scoffed writing down the geometry problems down on his notebook. "did you go into your mums painfully long romance novels again?" he asked making dream sigh.

"her name is not princess athena, that was just her costume" dream clarified going back to his work as soon as his teacher walked around the class.

"then what is her name?" george asked.

"i don't know" dream sighed writing down his answer.

george smirked satisfied to know there was no way a girl like that could find dream interesting to talk to in any way.

•••

"im kind of a wanted man now" sapnap said with a little pride. "i basically half kissed this jocks girl and now he's looking for me" he explained.

"half kiss? is that even a thing?" dream asked looking at sapnap working on his painting.

the good thing about intro to art is the freedom their teacher gives them to sit anywhere. third period was their favorite because they got to sit together while basically doing nothing.

"well she technically was about to kiss me because she said she liked clown masks and me she said she liked me! but then BAM 6'2 quarter back spawned out of nowhere and he wanted to kick my ass" sapnap said getting a weird stare from a kid in a different table. the kid was always wearing these black sony headphones listening to loud music, but this time he had them around his neck. he also always has a skateboard next to his seat. they remember his name being karl or something weird like that.

"6'2 quarter back is the only thing i believe from all that" dream shook his head taking a look at the mess his project was looking now. he still didn't know why his mother didn't put him in the video production class he wanted to be in.

"sure a girl liking me is so hard to believe" sapnap rolled his eyes. "for your information i'm the only one out of us who had a girlfriend" sapnap said confidently slapping dreams arm.

"dating for two days and hugging at recess is just another middle school relationship it doesn't count" dream reasoned.

"it was still a relationship you said it yourself" sapnap argued.

"but it doesn't count dude" dream argued back.

"but it does" sapnap said dropping his paint brush. "whatever just because you got in a room with evelyn stone for god knows what reason doesn't mean you're this big tough guy" he said getting up to wash his hands.

dream wasn't listening until he heard her possible name. evelyn stone? even her name was as beautiful as she is.

"wait say that again?" dream got up from his stool and walked towards the sink.

"that my beautiful relationship with janis totally counts, she moved schools remember" sapnap explained washing his hands with the soap next to the sink.

"after that" dream said sounding a little more desperate.

"you being an idiot for thinking you could get with evelyn stone?" sapnap said with a smirk on his face.