9 - Lost

Over the weekend both Sapnap and Georges parents were delighted to know their kids have fallen in the hands of such influential people. In that email Karl's 'father' sent out to the them had all his information and his wife's as well for extra credibility. This was a genius move on his behalf.

Nathan Jacobs and Lacey M. Jacobs are two of the most influential people around the high classes around their small town in Massachusetts. Nathan Jacobs, a well known and respected lawyer who worked at one of the most prestigious law firms in the country. Then there was Lacey M. Jacobs who was one of the most recognized motivational speakers that inspire women to overcome their inner troubles and rise to success, her popular 5 step to inner success has driven her to be a guest speaker in a lot of conventions around the country and others as well. Together they made up this high respectable name that made Sapnap and Georges parents calm about the fact that they were sleeping over at this new friends house.

But their endless hours of Mario Kart and other games were cut short when Georges mother decided to pick up the boys. She was astonished with the beauty of the house and the person that buzzed her in.

When the boys were out of the house Karl felt a little down. He has had so much fun that he even forgot about the horrifying geometry homework he had to work on due tomorrow, but turning it in a day later wouldn't dramatically hurt his grade.

The next day at school things weren't as smooth to George and Sapnap though..

"Sup guys!" Dream smiled happily sitting down on the table. He let his tray down as he sat on one of the open chairs. Both George and Sapnap couldn't believe that Dream kept the clothes he wore for the party where they practically got dumped to fetch for themselves, just with different colors. His popped collared shirt and light washed jeans were making them loose their appetite.

"Please tell me you got contacts or something" George asked grabbing one of the carrots from his Tupperware.

"For your info I did yeah" Dream chuckled slapping the back of Georges back. His fragile bones felt like they were on the verge of snapping in half right there.

Sapnap almost flinched at the new slang but didn't say anything about it. What mattered is that his friend was here with them.

"How? Your mother doesn't let you do anything" George snickered.

"Well it was hard but.. I told her I wanted to try out for football this season and she agreed then" Dream explained.

Sapnap scoffed. He remembered the times during thanksgiving that Joey wanted to play football with the boys but nobody seemed interested in doing that harm yo themselves. "Funny. That's a good one" Sapnap said looking at Dream.

Dream just smiled pretending like their mockery didn't bothered him. "I do want to try out though" He said.

George's eyes narrowed while he chewed on his food carefully. "Weren't try outs during like.. summer?" George asked. His parents wanted him to join a sport but most of their try outs had already taken place. So George was left to wait for torture until the Spring season.

"The school is a little shoe box so they need more players to make up JV" Dream said. "The guys really think I have a chance" He said with the excitement in his eyes that caused his eyes to wrinkle up.

"When have you ever played a sport" George chuckled.

"How hard can it be?" Dream replied, then looked down at his watch and shook his head. "Anyway I gotta go now it was good catching up with you guys though" He started getting up the table grabbing his food.

"What? You just got here" Sapnap said. "George is just jealous don't listen to him" He tried to throw his friend under the bus just so that Dream stayed. George kicked his shin and Sapnap did it back twice as hard. George's head drop to the table to bottle up his pain.

But Dream was gone after a shameless shrug. He was back with the popular table. As he got closer to his new friends it felt as if he was entering this new dimension. Everything about him changed in the short span of two seconds. Dream was out in the field while George and Sapnap stared from the sidelines.

There was Evelyn sitting with an empty seat next to her probably for Dream. She whispered something in his ear while everything else was unfolding in front of them. Dream shrugged to the table where George and Sapnap were sitting at. She nodded and then told him to sit.

"I told him to get rid of those ugly ass glasses for ages didnt I?" George asked Sapnap looking at Dream enjoy his glory. This wasn't even about jealously anymore.

"Your approach is always a little hostile so he never listened to you" Sapnap said back staring at the table along with George. Everyone was too busy living their perfect life to care about two dorks watching them from afar.

They just nodded to each other and kept staring. That was until a certain someone sat down on the table on the open seat that belonged to Dream.

"I heard you guys lost a friend what a bunch of idiots" None other than Alex Quinta spoke to George and Sapnap as he took out an orange that had been sitting inside his backpack since the morning but somehow still looked appealing. "Lucky for you I could make a great friend that won't leave you for a pretty cheerleader" Alex spoke confidently making George and Sapnap chuckle. Alex felt relieved that these two would take him a little more seriously than others he tried to befriend.

"Go away Alex we're just going to get picked on more with you" Sapnap scoffed as Alex finished pealing his orange.

Maybe he was wrong. "Fucking asshole" Alex said with a straight face putting a piece of the orange inside his mouth and grabbing his things.

"Wait, Alex. Actually.." George said stopping Alex from leaving the table. Sapnap gave him a weird look but George didn't care. "What's in the suitcase?" He asked.

Alex smiled dropping the other half of his orange inside his mouth and sitting back on the table. "My clarinet. I'm in marching band actually" He began to talk as George just listened. Sapnap felt a little weird to see George be nice to someone so easily.