21

— the invasion pt

— the invasion pt. 2
fire.

it was an awkward silence now. senna stayed on appa, thinking about what sokka said. he wants to marry her but what about zuko?

toph soon joined back up with the others, she was with the other earthbenders before hand. suddenly something caught sennas eye in the sky.

"aang!" she shouted as he landed next to katara and sokka.

"i thought you were defeating the fire lord?" katara questioned.

"he's not here." aang answered in disappointment.

"he must've known about the plan somehow. he's probably hiding underneath a secret bunker."

"so are we gonna continue the invasion?" senna asked.

the four exchanged glances and looked back at senna.

"we'll continue. sokka, toph, you and i will search for him underground," aang says to senna then looks at katara, "katara, do you mind staying here with everybody else?"

"i'll stay up here, you guys go."

the four left and all follow toph. they ended up on a volcano since toph told them she felt the bunker inside of it.

senna felt a touch on her shoulder so she whipped her head around to see sokka, "if anything happens, you can blood bend. i don't mind."

she softly smiled with a nod, "thanks but im not using it on you."

toph created an entrance into the volcano and the four friends all walked through. the tunnel they were in was hella dark and a bit warm which was odd. senna couldn't see that well so she lit a small flame in her hand.

"we're here." toph said as she blended the metal doors that was in front of them. a fire nation noble was standing behind the now opened doors.

aang cornered him, "where's the firelord?" he asked through gritted teeth.

the noble man was scared and held up his hands, "down the hall and to your left! you can't miss it!"

"it's the solar eclipse." sokka said quietly.

the moment he said that, senna felt half her power drain. she no longer had fire. they ran to the door. aang blasted the door open, getting ready to fight the firelord.

but it wasn't him.

it was azula.

"oh no..."