Chapter 10

When Jane and Seraphinus were finished shopping, it was night.

"Whew! What a day." Jane sighed. "It's already dark out."

That's because you woke up at 2 pm... Seraphinus thought.

The two arrived at the bus stop. 

"Ugh, it's so crowded." Seraphinus muttered.

"Let's go to a different bus stop then!" Jane smiled. "There's one across the park!"

---

As they walked across the grass, Jane heard a rustling sound and turned around to look, but there was nothing.

Seraphinus giggled.

"What's so funny?" Jane swiveled her head around to stare at the magenta-haired boy.

"You built that up so much, I thought a war was gonna go down." Seraphinus said. "But you just ended up screaming for help. So anti-climatic."

Jane sighed. "She shouldn't have had to return the money. That guy was clearly wrong. But he ended up getting his way just because he's more powerful. It's so frustrating!"

Seraphinus elbowed Jane. "Don't be so negative! Worry about yourself more. At least you didn't break an arm today!"

Jane smiled. That's true.

"Hey, Phin."

Seraphinus turned around.

"Have you thought of a name for this little guy yet?" Jane pointed at the teddy bear in Seraphinus's bag. 

"Do you have something in mind?" Seraphinus asked.

Jane smirked. "How about 'Jane'?"

Seraphinus sighed. "Real creative."

"What, you don't like i-" Jane suddenly turned around and stared at the air behind her.

"What is it?" Seraphinus said. 

"Let's go." Without another word, Jane grabbed Seraphinus's hand and sprinted away.

What's going on? Seraphinus thought. What are we running away from?

"This way!" Jane panted, turning down an alley. She reached into her shopping bag, pulled out her 'LA ME' shirt and tossed it in front of her. 

It didn't fall to the ground. Instead it landed on something, something invisible.

"I-It's invi-" Seraphinus paused time, interrupting Jane YET AGAIN and gave the invisible assailant a kick before unfreezing time. 

The figure flew across the street and crashed somewhere. "-Sible!" Jane finished. She hadn't even realized what had happened.

"Let's get outta here." Seraphinus muttered to Jane.

"A-ah, right!" Jane said.