Hidden Loopholes

Payton's POV

'
'
'

Things during the past few weeks have been like bliss. Chase and I had gotten closer over time, which I wasn't opposed to but I wanted to make sure if either of us were to persue anything, that the kids were comfortable with it first.

It was approaching the twin's 5th birthday and I wanted to do something special for them.

I knew Chase was busy with his new cleints piling in so after running it by him first, I took matters into my own hands.

"What does 5 year olds want for their birthday?" I mumble to myself as I scrolled through Google for ideas.

"What do the kids actually like?" Lola spoke up behind me as she pulled out a chair and sat down. Thankfully, she was on board to help me plan this out. I was stressing already.

I wanted it to be perfect for them.

"Well Liam is into Paw Patrol so that's easily figured out, as is Sky but I want to make sure that they both have a theme they want." I mumble lost on the computer screen as I start collecting items from Amazon for decorations.

So far I had the Paw Patrol themed paper cups, plates, napkins, table sheets, banners and balloons. Liam's half was practically done.

After thinking long and hard, gaining a headache in the process, I give in and text Chase to see if had any idea what Skylar would enjoy. My phone buzzed and I looked down.

From: Chase
Message: Go with Rapunzel. Even though we've watched Paw Patrol 800 times this week, I'm pretty sure Sky had broke that record with how many times she's seen Tangled.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes, sending a quick thanks for helping and turn my head back to the screen.

"So we're sexting now." Lola blurt out.

"What? No! Lola, clean your brain out for once." I scowl and she just puts her hands up in defense.

"Well I'm sorry if every time you smile at your phone, the creepiness of it gives it away." She shrugs and sips on her coffee.

"Chase was helping with Skylar's theme of the party. We are going with Rapunzel now." I explain and begin searching for items to match what I had got for Liam, only in the movie Tangled's theme.

"Now you're turning into 'we' people." Lola sighs dramatically, making me look at her in confusion.

" 'We people?' " I ask.

"Yeah like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolene." She explains. "They do everything together."

I just laugh and begin writing my list for what I need to buy. Luckily the things online I got next day delivery.

Now all that's left is to get the food sorted and find a cake.

I grab my coat, checking the time on my watch to make sure I wasn't cutting over time to pick the kids up from school and make my way out to the car with Lola.

We spent the following two hours gathering everything from the list and made sure it was securely hidden in Chase's home office so the kids wouldn't find out. I couldn't wait to see their faces when they see this.

Just as Lola was leaving, a pissed off looking Chase had pulled up in the driveway.

Lola looked at me realising the same expressions he had.

"Who pissed in his cereal this morning?" I roll my eyes and wave her off, telling her not to worry that it was probably another client mix up and wave my goodbye.