pt 4 .

During theatre class, the entire class was in on a group discussion based off of old famous films. Randy Meeks went on about every film. He knew a lot about horror movies. Seemed to be a bit driven by them.

"Horror movies are so dumb. They make up some random plot and dumb background story that's supposed to explain why the killer goes around killing. It doesn't make any sense", a random girl said.

"Uh, it actually makes a lot of sense. Most killers come from a messed up childhood or past life", Randy argued.

"Yeah but there are others that just go around killing. No one just wakes up one day and say 'you know what, I'm done being a decent person. I'm going to kill people'", the girl said.

"Inside every one of us there is a darkness that exists. most people are above it but some are consumed by it until there's nothing left but pure evil", I chipped in. "So yeah, they do just wake up and choose to kill. Ted Bundy did it. Everyone was shocked that a man from such a good family was able to go around raping and killing young women".

The girl stops and looks at me. Randy chuckles, "I'm glad that someone in this class actually understands. Anything is possible and anyone is capable of murder".

After school I walked home to mentally "reset" myself. Once I walked through the front door, I heard a thud that came from upstairs. I dropped my bag on the ground quietly but quickly. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife from the drawer.
I slowly walked up the stairs gripping the knife in my hand. Sounds continued to come from my bedroom. Once I was at the end of the hall. I grabbed onto the door knob and threw my door open. A shout came from inside my room and it was Billy. He stood there with his arms raised as if I had a gun pointed at him.

"What the fuck are you doing here!" I yelled

He exhaled and threw his arms to his side. "You didn't take the bus today so I came to check on you".

"How do you even know where I live?" I asked

"The bus drops you off here all the time".

I sigh and place the knife onto my dresser. "Were you gonna use that on me?" He asked

"I would've. I thought someone was here to kill me", I replied.

"Do you think you'd be able to?" Billy asked

"Able to what?" I replied, sitting on the bed

"Stab me", he sat down next to me.

"I think so. Push me far enough off the edge and I'd be able to do it in a heartbeat", I said.

He stares with a blank face. "But you're my only friend. So I wouldn't want to", I continued.

He smiles and so do I. In that moment of short silence. I felt safe and happy. Billy made me feel things that no one else could. I could be honest with him. But I needed to test how far that honesty could go.

We both heard the front door slam open and shut loudly downstairs. I jump and hear my dad shout my name. My eyes open widely and I shoot toward Billy, "you have to go. Like, now!" I said.

"Why?" He asked

"My dads home. I may not kill you, but he will. You need to leave", I began to push him toward the window.

"Theadosia you better be alone up there!" My dads footsteps stomped up the steps.

"In the closet. Go!" I rushed Billy. He enters the closet and I shut it closed behind him. My dad enters in not so shortly after

"Who's in the house?" He asked in an angry manner

"No one", I replied.

"Now I know you're lying because Ms. Peters from next door called me. Move away from the closet", he said. As he stepped closer to me. I took a step closer to the closet door.

He runs toward me and grabs me by the neck. Slamming me against my dresser. I groan and choke. Every ounce of oxygen I had disappeared within seconds. He clenched my throat so tightly my eyes seemed to have popped out of my head. This moment is what pushed me off the edge. Any amount of innocent that was left inside me turned dark and all I saw was red.
My left hand slammed onto my dresser and I grabbed the knife and jammed it into his neck. He lets go of my throat and I fall to the ground gasping for air. His hands grab onto the knife sticking out from his carotid artory.
I look up at my dad with a sinister stare. When he falls to his knees I pull the knife out of his neck and he lays on his back. Something brushed over me and I couldn't stop myself from driving the knife into his chest.
Even after he was dead. I still kept stabbing him. I was so angry. But knowing I took his life, felt good. My clothes were covered in my dads blood. Blood splatters on my face, floor, and white dresser. I stand up and turn around. Billy stood there with a frightened look on his face.

"Y-you killed him", he said.

"Don't be scared", I replied. I drop the knife onto the ground and slowly walk closer to him. "He attacked me. I would never hurt you".

He stood still, his eyes examining my bloody face. I place my blood smeared hand on his cheek. "You won't tell anyone right?" I asked

He nods. "I won't tell anyone".

Yes, he may have just said that out of fear of being killed next. But in that moment, I didn't care. So I leaned in for a kiss, he kissed me back knowing he had a girlfriend. But he still pressed his hands firmly on my back. Pressing my body closer to his.

Killing my father unlocked something within me. Something that had been hiding for a very long time. It only was a short matter of time till at unlocked the same thing in Billy Loomis.