Chapter 3 - Disappointment

Hello everyone. I apologize for not updating sooner, but now I have time to update the story. I had been meaning to but I wanted to update before the end of March. Now I can update every two weeks :) I had been through quite a bit and now I am free of the workload and my life is less hectic. Right now I am addicted to watching Married at First sight Australia 2022. There is MAJOR controversies that shook society for the past 2 weeks and brings up issues like bullying, showing people explicit photos without consent and s**t shaming. Bullying & S**t shaming is not okay.

Also another note, I had been receiving inappropriate sites on my stories and I won't tolerate that at all. If it has been happening to you, then please report it. 

Please, enjoy Chapter 3- Disappointment. 

It was finally May and the whole family had celebrated the fact that Strallan had proposed to Edith. Emma was very happy for her sister and she thought it was time that Edith had a bit of happiness since all three sisters were married. They had the engagement party at Downton in early May and Emma was very glad to catch up with her friends, Lady Astrid Corrington, who was a dark haired, green eyed lady with a slim figure and the same age as Mary. She and Emma were friends since they were eleven and there was another friend who was close looking to Emma, her name was Lady Catherine Oakley-Franklin, she was blonde with brown eyes and she was very feminine and half a foot shorter than Emma. Violet disliked Catherine since she was married to an American businessman Jacob Franklin in New York. To make things even brighter was the fact that Sybil and Tom had arrived a week ago for Edith's wedding. Tom was laying a low profile since the last visit to Downton. Sybil and Emma had spent a lot of time together. Emma missed Sybil terribly and told her of James and current separation.

Emma was currently rearranging the flowers downstairs as the servants were sweeping the foor and arranging the champagne glasses and she saw Edith beaming happily. Emma smiled at her sister's happiness that she went over to her.

'How're you feeling?' Emma asked, rubbing Edith's shoulder gently.

Edith sighed and her smile grew bigger, 'Excited. I still can't believe it.'

Emma crooked her head and said, 'Well, believe it. It's your time to shine.'

Emma and Edith were about to walk away when they saw Violet enter with Alfred.

'Oh! Hello, Edith, dear.'

'Hello, Granny. Isn't it exciting?' Edith beamed, her eyes glittered.

Edith assisted Violet over the rolled up carpet, Alfred stood by with a ready arm.

'At my age, one must ration one's excitement.' Violet said, smiling a little.

Emma, Edith and Violet walked over to the drawing room where they saw small stack of wedding presents that Cora was organising.