Chapter 4 - Safe Haven

Hello everyone!! I am back with another chapter. This chapter is a bit shorter than the rest but I am currently editing the next one which is a bit difficult because people who know what happens next knows and I am not going to spoil what happens in the next chapter. There is the long weekend coming up and I hope to finish edit the next chapter. I would like to say thank you to all the lovely readers for commenting and I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

It had been a week and a half after the wedding fiasco. Tom and Sybil had left two days after Edith was rejected at the altar, back to Dublin and Sybil had promised to call Emma as often as she could. Meanwhile, Edith had been trying to put a brave face and head out helping Emma preparing a nursery room when Emma and James had decided to stay at Downton as it was a request from Robert since Emma had only two months to go in her pregnancy.

Since the estate was saved by James and Matthew, Robert didn't want to take full control and neither did James. Instead, Robert offered James and Emma to stay at Downton and they agreed to stay until the baby was born and they were settled, then they might move to London so that Emma can start her training course.

Emma didn't really want to travel much as she had before, she had been feeling more kicks in the stomach and James had always wanted to feel their baby kicking. Emma had also invited her family to feel the baby kick and she can almost hardly wait to see the gender of her baby.

Mary had helped Emma set up a nursery room although it still needed a few more touches, although Emma had learned from her mother that Mary had been going to London a few times to shower the nursery, although she came back looking drained. Emma had suspected that Mary might've been pregnant and she had waited to see if her sister might say anything, but she hadn't.

Emma and James had awoken one morning and they had gone downstairs to the breakfast room where they saw Edith, Matthew and Robert were in the middle of breakfast.

'Good morning, everyone.' James said, smiling a little at Edith.

'Good morning,' said Matthew, then his eyes went over to Emma, 'Shouldn't you be in bed?'

Emma sighed as she helped herself to scrambled eggs and some fried tomatoes.

'No... The last thing I want to do is to stay in bed. Besides, there are some things I need to do.'

Emma sat down next to Edith and James sat across her, next to Matthew and he helped himself to buttered toast.

'Are you doing anything today?' Robert asked James, holding his newspaper.

'Well, I am expecting a call from a Mr. Woodward, to find a store in London where I can open up a business, he is one of my business managers from London.'

'Sounds like you already got a busy day ahead.' Robert replied, 'and what you, Emma?'

'Well, I was hoping Mary might help me decorate the nursery room. We are going to come about with a decision on the wall coverings today.'