chapter 2 - volatile

Gear clatters on the ground as the firefighters got of the truck exhausted the fire was extinguished but dealing with virals from a nearby homeless shelter took alot out of them

"I thought that they gave them a bracelet to keep track of the infection how the heck did they turn!!"

"They are living on the streets and probably do drugs they would rather have a high than antizin"

"Still that's messed up"

Dawson listened to Guzmen and another firefighter talk but decided to but in

"We reek of blood half of us showers the other half clean equipment and then we switch, change over is only a few hours away let's get everything clean"

"You heard her get to it!"

"YES CHIEF!!"

Every one started to go either shower or clean equipment except dawson as she was called to have a word with the chief

"What do you think, its getting more and more common are you sure about staying and working here you are still young and it has become far to dangerous"

"I will stay I want to help people it was always a dangerous job the only thing that changed was that the world got more dangerous dont you think"

*sigh* "guess your right but what about your family"

"mom heard of a place called villedor they built walls and are not allowing people to enter, but they are accepting people of high power and authority and my mother happens to fall into that category she can take the family...."

"What's the problem"

"I did not go with them right now they are safe and I'm here"

"They left you" the chief seemed surprised

"No calm down they gave me a choice I leave with them or stay with the commoners and I'm here I'm not leaving Guzmen"

*mmm* "are you and Guzmen a thing"

Dawson's head snapped to look at the chief

"What no, what makes you think that"

"I dont know dawson maybe the fact you stick together like glue and you sounded worried when they fell through the roof oh and you stood nearby to her after more virals were confirmed"

Dawson seemed to panic a bit "She is my best friend what do you expect"

"Hahaha I'm messing with you but no seriously what is your plan now the government is on its hind legs at the moment a couple years and its everyone for themselves"

"Dont worry me and Guzmen got it handled also I should go help out and can you get my spare gear I'm sure you saw what mine looked like after the flashover"

"Alright go help them out"

"Yes sir!"

- change over -

"Alright dawson fill us in"

"2 sets of gear ruined 1 kit of antizin used and fire axes possibly dulled after a run in with some virals, oh and 2 injured one civilian bite victim and 1 firefighter roof cave in and flashover"

"Ok thank you, have a good rest see you in 3 days"

"Understood"

Dawson along with Guzmen walked out of the station to their truck

"Hey Dawso-"

"You can drop it now were outside"

"Ok Avery can we go get yogurt I feel like we earned it"