2

Meanwhile,

A child squirming on his bed with sweat all over his body before jolting awake. There's fear in his eyes and tears coming out.

"What... What happens? It's hurt"

He groan in pain and clutched his head hoping the pain would go. It felt like he had just died and the pain from the attack was still there. Never in his regression, something like this happens.

The child slowly calms himself as the pain reduces. And at that moment he remembers a voice. A voice that told him he can't save his mother. Remember that making him scoff.

"What nonsense. Mother already died a few years ago"

Taking off the blanket, he still didn't realise something. Only when he's about to get off the bed and fall to his face that he realised, he's a child now.

'i shall give you a gift'

That voice came repeated in his head and when he looked up to see the mirror, he can see his small body.

"No way..."

It was then that he realised the meaning behind those words.

Immediately run towards the door and open it, he saw his butler with three maids behind smiling at him before their reaction turns to worry seeing their young master crying.

"Young master. Are you hurt anywhere?"
The butler kneels to be at the same height as him.

"Ron! Where's mother?!"

Ron didn't answer for a while as he look over the child and sees red on his forehead, thinking that the young master fall.

"Countess is in her room with the count. She has just done getting a check by the doctor"

"Is she sick?!"

"No young master. She's fine. The same goes for your baby brother"

"That's right young master Cale! The countess give birth to your brother and the doctor said she's fine now"
One of the maids chimed in happily.

CALE'S POV

Brother?

Brother??!

Did I forget I have a brother with how many times I regress?

Or...

Is he the actual gift that the voice said...

I look at Ron and saw he gives me that weird and worried look.

END OF CALE'S POV

"Bring me to mother"

"Yes, young master. We'll help you to get dress"

Cale can't wait to see his mother. To feel the warmth that was long gone. To see her smile and her voice that always comfort him. Also, a new brother.

________________________________________

On their way to the countess room, Cale was carried by Ron and no one say anything about his blank face. They thought it was cute and Cale was probably nervous about how to greet his brother but it's different for Ron.

It's just weird to him for no reason and he feels like the aura surrounding Cale has changed. It feels mature for a second and not forget the fact Cale has just forgotten about his brother when he was so excited about it before.

But he ignores all of that. Seeing how Cale cried earlier makes him think that Cale has a nightmare regarding the countess and forgets about his new brother.

"Ron, how old I am?"

"Hmm, you were 3 years old young master. And you're a big brother now"

"Are you excited, young master?"

"...yes"

It's too sudden for cale but he can't deny the happiness he feels right now. There's a light in Cale's eyes and his heart is beating faster.

He's so happy to have a brother that was born from the same mom. Of course, he loves Basen and Lily but it's different.

Now, he would not feel alone anymore.

Even when he's father remarried one day.

But there's one thing for sure... He doesn't need to stay far from him as he did to Basen or Lily. As long as mother is still alive...

'yes... Mother needs to stay alive...'

He feels like he's being cruel but just for once, he wants to be selfish.
Forgetting the fact of what the voice said.

Ron knocks on the door and put him down. Once the door opens, Cale feels like crying. It's true, his mother is still alive. Looking at him with eyes that contain happiness, proud eyes looking at him and that makes his heart warm. The same goes for his father, Deruth didn't avoid his eyes or look at him as if he was someone that already died and come back to life.

"My son is too happy that he cried huh? You're a big brother now, Cale."

He didn't even realise the tears had already fallen on his face, his father carried him to his mother and new brother. Cale look at his mother and saw a baby next to her with the same red hair as him and Jour but a bit dark.

Deruth ruffled his hair and put Cale on the bed next to Jour. However, when he first hugged her, he suddenly cried harder than before making his parents worried.

"Cale! Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?!"

Deruth immediately takes the baby that fortunately didn't wake up while jour comfort cale by patting his back.

"I-... I'm happy that you're safe"

"Auw my baby is so cute~"

Jour cupped his face and wipe the tears with her thumbs and Cale can feel the warmth on her hand that touch his face, not the cold one.

She looks at Deruth and he came to give the baby to her back.

"Cale, meet your brother, Cain Henituse"

'cute'

The baby probably senses people around him and felt uncomfortable when he opens his eyes and his face looks like he was annoyed. The moment Cale saw that reddish-brown eyes, Cale knew his brother is not normal but he doesn't care about that because from now on, the baby is still his brother.

"Hello brother"

This baby brother of his gives him a reason to survive and not give up. Because from now on, Cale has someone precious to protect.

'This time, I swear I'll protect you. Even if it meant to kill'

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

TBC

________________________________________

Gosh I'm scared༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

Anyway, feel free to tell me your opinion🤸

Byee~🤸🏃♥️