8

What a lovely afternoon...
It's so calm, that no one can disturb him reading a fairy tale book that his brother brought to him.

But it looks like he was enjoying his time too much that God decides to send someone to ruin it.

SLAM

'...seriously?'

"Caaiiinn!! Your handsome big brother is here~!"

'sighhಠ_ಠ'

Running towards his little brother who's currently leaning against the wall near the bookshelf, Cale picks him up and swings him around a bit before hugging him.

"I'm sorry I didn't spend with you yesterday༎ຶ‿༎ຶ. Are you mad? Tch, the teachers went all out and gives me a bunch of homework!"

As Cale went on grumbling, Cain just watches his brother's face which has different expressions such as mad and disgust as he kept on complaining about the teachers and apparently the only teacher he likes is his swordsmanship teacher.

Sitting down at the spot Cain sit earlier with Cain on his lap with his back leaning against Cale's body, Cale notice the book that he gave to Cain last week was next to him.

"Oh! Have you read this? Is it good?"

"Well...not bad I guess"

Enjoying their silent moment for a while with Cale playing with Cain's hair while Cain continues to read the book before Cale decides to tell him a story.

"You wanna know something Cain? Once upon a time, there was a happy family with 3 family members. They were rich and have power in their territory"
It was the story of his past. In a timeline where there's no Cain Henituse and the start of his suffering.

Turning his body a bit, Cain can see his brother's soft expression while looking at him.

"Is it about our family?"

Cale could swear that he almost flinch when Cain mention that.

"Hmm? Haha no it's just a story, not about us"

"Ooh.." he almost thought Cale was going to told him a story before he was born. 

Changing his position from sitting, Cain lay on Cale's lap. Contemplating for a while, Cale continues his story.

"They have a son who is loved by everyone for his cheerful and kind personality just like his parents!"

"...really? I thought he would be a brat"

Silence... Cale look at Cain with an unbelievable expression while Cain was confused, thinking he just said something wrong. He's not wrong but somehow Cale got offended lmao.

"Ehem... Anyway, that happy family is ruined when the mother died. Both father and son lost the person they truly love. Since then, their relationship was never been the same. His father buried himself in work and never spend time with his child anymore because he can't look him in eyes"

"Why?"

"Because he has the same features as his mother?"

Now it was Cain's turn to give unbelievable expression while Cale just giggle at the cuteness.

"It's only for a few months though before the father started to see him again but only during breakfast and dinner. The scene was awkward because the son is the only one who keeps on talking about his days. Once the food finishes, the father gets up to continue his work and the child is left alone again"

"Hmm..."

Stop for a while, Cale looks over Cain's expression that looks like he was thinking.

"what are you thinking about looking so serious like that? hmm?"