5

THE NIGHT BEFORE

"Ugh, I can't sleep"

It's been 30 minutes since he awakes in the middle of the night and he can't go back to sleep. Rolling around and counting the sheep still doesn't make him sleepy.

Frowning, he kicks the blanket and gets down from the bed.

"I'm going to see my cute little brother"
As he gets out of the room.

Ever since Cain was born, all Cale has been doing is looking at him for the whole day, right after he eats his breakfast and needs to be carried (dragged) by Ron or Jour every time it's time to eat, take a shower, and sleep.

Sometimes, Cale would read him a story and talk to him a lot. One of the things that make him happy is that the fact his father would finish his work early once every two weeks to play with them and go on a picnic. Just like before his mother died.

He remembers when Cain starts to crawl, they would play together and Cale keep saying to Cain that he need to say "Hyung" as his first word or he would be mad but just Cain would look at him like "ಠ_ಠ" and makes Cale laughed.

Once he arrives in front of the baby's room, Cale hears faint voices from the inside which makes him alert of the intruders. However, the voices sound happy so he put his ears to the door so that he can hear them.

"Aww, Jour unnie son is so cute! Can we take him?"

"For a hundred times, Amaris. Please get married and lower your voices"

"You're no fun, Adessa"

Cale was bewildered. It was his aunts!
He immediately slammed open the door forgetting the fact a baby is sleeping inside there. Luckily, it's not loud enough to wake his parents' next room.

"Aunts!"

While the two people inside the room almost get ready to fight even though they're the ones being the intruders until they sigh in relief after knowing who it was.

Ammaris, the one with light red hair and a black streak run toward the child that opens his arm to hug her.

"Aww, my baby still remembers his favorite aunt!"

"Hehe of course!"

While Adessa, the one with black and red streaks can only sigh at whatever her twins said but then smile while walking toward them who still hugging.

"Hey kiddo"

Cale then releases the hug from Ammaris and goes to Adessa to hug her which she accepts and ruffles his hair from behind.

"It's been 2 years huh? You've become cuter"

"I'm handsome aunt and where have you been?"

"Yeah yeah still cute in my eyes. I'm sorry we didn't visit you before, we got busy"

For them, it's been 2 years since they last met since Ammaris and Adessa once come quietly like this every once a month when he turned 1-year-old and stop coming when he turned 2. He doesn't know what happens to them after that. However, for Cale, this has become one of their meeting included from his previous life as he would always look for them.

They walk over towards the baby who already opened his eyes and looks annoyed while letting out his angry baby noise.

"Aww he's awake"

"It's amazing he didn't cry"

"Well, he just cries when hungry or uncomfortable with his diaper"

Ammaris and Adessa exchange glances. It's kind of weird and amusing at the same time but they didn't say anything about that.
Ammaris looks at him for a while before carrying him.