Feelings I can't understand

We stood there for a moment longer "I uh should probably" I started and motioned towards the door behind me, a lot just unfolded there and I didn't want to make things awkward.

"oh uhm yea" he was clearly nervous and took a step back again holding the back of his neck, I smiled at him and left the room, extremely nervous and excited about the event that just happened, my cheeks still hot from blush and the tingling feeing still in my stomach.

I walked into my room sitting down on the bed "did that just happen?" I whispered to myself staring at the wall replaying the scene in my head, I was soon drawn out of thought when I heard a bell ring from downstairs.

I stood up and recollected myself before walking out the door, I looked over and saw Enochs door closed, yet I assumed he was downstairs by now and continued down the hallway and down the steps into the dining room.

As I walked in, I scanned the room to find Enoch but he wasn't there, I furrowed my eyebrows but sat down thinking he was probably with Olive or something like that.

Soon everyone shuffled in and sat in their usual seats yet Enoch was no where to he found.

"children, has anyone seen Enoch?" Miss Peregrine asked looking at us all, I looked down at my lap trying to think if I heard him leave or where he could be if he did.

"we last saw him with y/n" Fiona spoke and I raised my head at my name, everyone turned their head towards me "I uhm, I don't remember if he left his room or not, I could go check if you'd like" I replied to the headmistress "yes that would be great thank you y/n"

Miss Peregrine told me and I stood up walking out the room and up the stairs while everyone began eating. I knocked on his room door "Enoch?" I asked, nothing was heard, I knocked once more "Enoch, are you in there?" I asked again but there was nothing.

I sighed and left the door before hearing some shuffling on the other side "Enoch? I know you're in there" I walked towards the door once more "please tell me whats wrong" I pleaded leaning on the door.

"just go away y/n" he spoke quietly "but-" i began to speak "please" he pleaded and I sighed in defeat "okay, I'll leave you for now, but please come talk to me later" I said before leaving and walking downstairs to see everyone still eating lunch.

"did you find him?" Miss Peregrine asked me "yea he's in his room, said he wasn't hungry" I lied and she nodded, I sat down playing with my food, I was too busy worrying about Enoch to eat, I ate a few bites and left it at that, everyone had finished and had gone to play in the garden "y/n" Miss Peregrine spoke and I looked up from my plate "is there something you would wish to tell me?" She added and sat beside me.

I hesitated for a moment but I trusted Miss Peregrine "Enoch wont speak to me, nor will he come out his room" I told my headmistress, she looked down for a while before looking at me "I see, has something happened between you two recently" I looked down at my hands, debating if I should tell her about the kiss "not that I'm aware off" I lied, she nodded and smoked her pipe "give him time, he'll come through eventually" she reassured and I smiled "thank you Miss" I replied "now go off and play before supper" she winked and I nodded standing up and walking off into the garden.

I sat under a tree and began reading my favourite book, before slowly dozing off into a light sleep.

Enoch's POV:
I looked at her as she left my room, I stood there hearing her door close and I looked around my room.

She made me feel something, when we kissed I don't know what it was, some sort of tingling feeling in my stomach and I didn't like it very much.

I went over closing my door and locking it, I wouldn't dare let anyone else in, there was too much going on and I don't like the fact I can't handle it.

I heard the bell ring for lunch yet I didn't leave, I sat down on my bed staring at the dolls in-front of me, I tried pushing everything I was feeling deep down, she was cracking through my shell and I can't let it happen.

I was replying the scene that happened moments before, my cheeks going an unfamiliar red colour. I was soon draw out of my day dream when I heard a knock at the door followed by a faint voice, I looked up at the door "Enoch?" I froze hearing y/n voice, I can't see her right now, not after what happened.

"Enoch, are you in there?" She asked again followed by a knock, I was still frozen at this point and I turned away from the door, I heard a small sigh and light footsteps, assuming it was clear to move I stood up "Enoch? I know you're in there" I heard the footsteps come back.

Shit I thought, I looked at the door once more "please tell me whats wrong" she pleaded, I sighed "just go away y/n" I replied, I really did want to talk to her but I couldn't at the moment "but-" she started "please" I pleaded, being nice isn't my specialty so it sounded rather harsh.

I heard a faint sigh "okay, I'll leave you alone for now, but please come talk to me later" she said and I silently nodded too myself before hearing her footsteps leave.

I laid back down in my bed staring at the ceiling, if I was going to handle these feelings of some sort then I'd do it alone and secluded.

I was trying to sleep when I heard giggles coming from outside, standing up I walked towards the window looking outside, I saw y/n walking across the garden, sitting down by a tree reading a book, god she was prefect, that same tingling feeling crept into my stomach as I watched her slowly doze of into a light slumber, my jaw clenched as my cheeks grew red and I went back to my bed laying down and finally catching some sleep.