Part I - Awareness

A SURGE!

Darkness enveloped in a sea of void.  Soothing waves carried by the soft rumbling sound of a storm at the distance. There's a distinct feeling, a falling to it. A quietness that is enticing.

ANOTHER SURGE...

Gasping.
Floating around desperately but nothing to grasp to.
This void state still holds it's appeal but there's something alarming to it now. As if it can't trusted. And yet... There's no wish to part from it.

YET ANOTHER SUGRE!

Electricity courses through the body and a clarity of mind comes with it. What is this? It is without beginning and has it no end.
Exhausted.
There's a resistance to thinking. A glim of reasoning slightly out of reach.
The waves' embrace keeps pulling into a sweet state of unconsciousness, of not having a care in the world.

>AAAAHGR!

A freezing jab to the stomach. Bits of electricity running through the body but this time it's from within. It's tightening, restricting. OH! The quietness is now unsettling but if indulged it might be releasing!

AND ANOTHER!

PAIN

It's excruciating!
But I didn't fall asleep this time! I could swear I was awake!
Or was I...?
Shivering.
I feel my brain growing inside my skull and it's going to crack the bone open any minute now. This sharp throbbing pain is not fading as the surges do.

I'm afraid.

I don't know what to do. Is this my fault? Did I drift again into unawareness without realizing? It's impossible to know for sure. There's no mesure of time here. There's just waves...

AAAAGHR OH PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

Enough! Was I under again? And what of it? Am I being punished? And if so, what entity, man or deity is causing me this much affliction?

Who's doing this to me!? And WHY?! What did I do to deserve this?!

>Wait... How did I get here?

I have no recollection of it.

And then it finally hits me. The little bright speck beyond the veil. I struggle to reach amidst the dark stretches of water that weigh me down. I can almost reach it. Just a bit further. I stuggle onward and I clasp my hand around it.
The air! It's being sucked out of my lungs. I'm not floating anymore.

I'M FALLING!!!

> Who am I?!

I'm taken aback by the veil, this ethereal wall pushing past through me.
The wind rushes by, furiously, as I spin in it's turmoil.
Finally! The veil begins to lift, bringing light and with it and a sense of self.