Chapter 11

Hiro's Room 5:30 PM

The ding on his phone caused Hiro to stop texting. He picked up his phone, seeing a text from Krei. He sighed. Someone was hacked into his system and he was missing files.

"Isn't this something he couldn't call the police over?" Hiro groaned. But he was probably the only one that could hack into the system and track who did it. The only one willing to help Krei at least.

He texted him back saying he would look into it. Walking to Krei Tech, he used the time to think about what it was that Krei had that someone wanted. Whoever it was couldn't be that great since he left traces of hacking someone. An expert hacker wouldn't have been caught so easily.

The sound of tires screeching and loud popping sounds made Hiro snap out of his trance. His head jerked in the direction of the noise to find a large truck full of Krei Tech supplies pulled over. Its tires had popped. Was it just a coincidence?

As if on cue to answer Hiro's question, he felt something zoom past him and stop at the back of the truck. The figure was in a full body suit wearing similar disks that Gogo had invented on their feet. Without even looking around, they shot two pink beams from their hands, exploding the back of the truck.

Hiro pulled out his phone for his superhero suit and to call Baymax and the others. But before he could click call, a familiar portal popped up and the figure in the blue suit arrived. This time on their own.

"Stop. You don't have to do this."

The voice was robotic, which Hiro assumed meant they were using a voice changer so no one would recognize their voice.

The thief was holding a box of supplies. They turned to the blue figure. They lifted a hand threateningly. The blue one lowered their staff slightly to show they meant no harm. The tension in the thief's shoulders relaxed a little. The blue one held out their hand and the other shook their head.

Without another word, the thief zipped away and Blue merely sighed in defeat. They were just letting them go? What was going on? And how did the blue one get there so fast unless they had already known what was supposed to take place?

Using their staff, Blue merely made another portal to walk through.

"You just let them go?" Hiro spoke before he could think.

Blue turned to look at him. "Yes." Then they turned to leave in the portal.

Hiro decided to scurry away from the scene. He finished dialing Gogo.

"Hey, kid. Something up?"

"Yeah, someone hacked into Krei's system and stole some files and I guess his computer team are having issues with it. Then someone just literally stole some of his tech from a truck. Blue showed up to stop them? I'm not sure. They ended up just standing by and doing nothing."

"You think it's all connected?"

"I don't really know. I just thought you should know what's going on. The thief was in a full body suit and helmet. They were also wearing similar skating gear like yours, but faster. Maybe a bystander recorded it or something. Maybe it will end up on the internet for you to look into. Right now I better talk with Krei."

"Ok. Careful. If something happens and you need back up, let me know."

"Will do. Thanks, Gogo." He hung up his phone.

Krei Tech 6:53 PM

"And there. That should protect your system from being hacked by that person again."

"Cool. What did you just download to that drive?" Krei pointed.

"Just where I might find the hacker and just the information on what files you're missing. Don't worry. I don't have any of its contents or any information besides what they go to."

"Thanks, Intern," Krei said, sitting in his seat.

"Sure. Anyways, I gotta run." Hiro didn't wait for a response before heading out the door.

He returned home and inserted the drive into his computer in the garage. The missing file names popped up on his screen. He then decoded the titles and figured out what they were. The blood started to drain from his face. They were all linked to one thing. The very thing that was the fault of his start of his hero career. Krei's Portal.

Not wasting any time, he ran a scan over the code to the hacker's computer. Thanks to all his hacking programs he had made for school projects it made all of this fast and easy. After a few minutes, the location of the device used to hack Krei Tech popped up on his screen.

"No way... Baymax-"

Oh, wait. Baymax was in his room. He took out the drive and contacted the robot with his phone. A few moments later, Baymax appeared in full gear and Hiro had put his gear on. "Come on, we need to get to S-Fit. I'll explain on the way."

When they reached campus, they got in using a key Professor Granville gave to them for emergency use. Hiro went directly to the computer room. He stopped at one that was in a corner. "That's the one that was used..." He spent some time on it, trying to find any traces, but the computer had been wiped clean of any.

"This isn't working. Plan B..." Hiro scanned the room, hoping for a clue or an idea. His eyes rested on the security cameras. "Bingo. I even know the exact time they hacked into Krei's mainframe. We'll just find the security tapes from that time and boom! Culprit found. Now... I just gotta figure out how on earth are we supposed to get access to those tapes?"

He drew in a deep breath and dialed in Professor Granville's number. He gave her a quick, slightly cryptic answer. He had to wait, but after some time she finally arrived. With her help, they were able to gain access to the security room. With a few clicks, Varian got the tape to the time he needed it.

"Wait-" Granville leaned over his shoulder.

"But why would he hack Krei?" Hiro whispered.