8 ~ Here

CODY

Everyday Cody's had to visit Eugene for a check up, but she continued to show no symptoms, and her wound stayed scabbed over and dry. Despite that, Eugene insisted that she wrap the bite up, considering her pension for picking at scabs.

Sawyer was walking along the street on the way back from one of these visits when Rick runs by her. She follows to see what the commotion is and stops dead in her tracks as They reach the gate. He was here. With less speed Cody comes closer and stands a few feet behind her dad.

Cody quietly tugs on her jeans, lowering them slightly to help hide her wrapped ankle. She stares as the several trucks and loads of men he brought, far too many for my liking. Negan hops out of the first truck, strutting over like he owns the place.

Behind him a boy about my age with dark hair and blue eyes looks at me, biting his lips in interest. A younger girl follows him with brunette hair and a lost look. It's clear the latter doesn't want to be here.

"You said a week. You're early." Rick comments, walking over to open the gate the rest of the way and let Negan in. It made Cody feel sick, the way that her dad talks to Negan like he hadn't murdered their friends.

Negan smiles. "I missed you." Before he could step inside the gates, a walker nears, making a beeline for Negan. "Oh, Rick, come on out here. Watch this. Calling it!" He shouts, smugly walking over and smashing his bat into the walkers skull. Cody and the young girl flinch as the body hits the ground.

"Ha, ha, ha! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!" He grins and steps inside, gesturing to all of the men behind him. "All right, everybody. Let's get started. Big day. Hey, Rick, you see that, what I just did?" He walks over, closing the gap between him and Rick. "That is some service! I mean, we almost get turned away at the gate. "Who is that guy, anyway?" Do I get mad? Do I throw a fit? Do I bash some ginger's dome in? Nope. I just take care of one of these dead pricks that could've killed one of y'all. Service." 

He hands his bat to a man in sweats- Holy shit. Daryl. Cody can tell the difference from the last time she saw him instantly. He wears dirty sweats, his greasy hair matching the disheveled state he seemed to be in. He stares at the ground, seemingly hoping not to be seen. But it's too late, Rick steps forward, calling out Daryl's name.

Negan's face turns serious. "No. Nope. He's the help. You don't look at him, you don't talk to him, and I don't make you chop anything off of him. Same goes for everyone  Right?" He exhales sharply staring down Rosita until she nods silently, "A lot of suspense there. I don't think she even knew how much. All right, let's get this show on the road. See what kind of goodies you got in the cupboard."

Rick nods. "We put aside half the supplies." But Negan holds up his hand. "No, Rick. No. You don't decide what we take. I do. Arat."

A woman in matching leather steps forward. "You heard the man. Move out!" Negan's men flood in Alexandria, this was their place now. They ignore Alexandria's citizens, driving home the fact that the place was theirs now.

The two kids make their way over to Negan.

"They're just gonna search the houses a bit, keep the process movin'." Negan sighs. "Oh, how rude of me, I should introduce you to my children." He gestures to the pair. "Atlas and Anna, my darling spawn." He smirks before turning back to Rick. "All right. You gonna show me around or not? Well?"

With a sigh Rick begins leading Negan deeper into Alexandria. Cody follows behind, keeping her distance and lagging behind the others. She glances at Negan, accidentally meeting his gaze. He smiles, "Don't worry, runt, I didn't forget about you. I was just waiting to see if you'd say hello or not."