3. Dark Room

.

Rose was quick to push the door and step inside the small hall.

"Agatha... Agatha" she kept on calling desperately. The lights were out so she could not see anything at all. Agatha's house was small. So it could not hinder Rose from reaching the hall area with quick steps.

"Agatha... Can you hear me?" She shouted nervously while searching for the electric board, wanting to switch on the hall's lights. Rose kept moving slowly by the wall. The awkward silence and the unnecessary darkness of the house were scaring her paranoid soul. Her intuition could sense a danger in the air.

"A..Agatha!" Rose's call of shriek rolled out of her tongue as soon as she pressed the light's button.

Agatha was not alone in that hall. In fact, she was forced to sit on the sofa by two other men and one of them was holding a gun against Agatha's head, her lips were sealed with some kind of silver duct tape and her hands were tied behind her back. Agatha's pale face had turned blue in fear. What a painful sight it was for Rose's heart to take in. She always knew Agatha might jump into some type of danger because of her. That was why she never wanted to entangle her miserable life with Agatha's. And unfortunately, her constant nightmare had come to a cruel reality today which she never ever wanted to confront.

"Who sent you?" Rose yelled at the intruders. Their face was covered with some black mask.. only the eyes could be seen which were radiating nothing but a good amount of perilousness which made her shiver. The stoic men did not bother to answer her and looked at each other victoriously like they had found what they had been searching for.

"Hai detto che non c'è nessuna signorina in casa tua!" One of them snarled knocking the gun on Agatha's forehead. (You said there's no young lady in your house).

"Ci avete preso come idioti!" The other one shouted terrifying Agatha and Rose bone to bone. (Did you take us as idiots!)

Rose's breathing staggered for a second. Her mind turmoiled with guilt. She could not afford to put Agatha's life in any kind of danger. Rose did not move from her spot a single time and stood there in a surrendering manner. These s kinds of men are non negotiable she knew well. Also, no harm would come to Agatha if she co-operates with the men she thought. After all, they were here for her.

One of the men pronounced some unknown words against his earpiece and in no minutes two other men entered the hall.

"Tu ti muovi, lei muore" One of them warningly said and held a gun against Rose's head. Although she did not interpret the meaning she choose to remain unmoved. (You move, she dies)

Soon the lavender cake's burnt smell filled the hall's air when the men surrounding Rose gestured for her to move along with them. Warm tear drops rolled down her cheeks, not because of the horrible beginning of her birthday, but because she again expected she can be happy, dreamed about starting fresh, having a peaceful life and moving forward like a normal person.

Neither Agatha's muffled cries nor her tear soaked face could stop Rose from protruding the steps with the men. Both knew that was obvious. The two men took Rose to the backside of the house and made her sit inside a car along with them in the back seats. The other two men soon after came to occupy the front seats. Somehow Rose was satisfied with the fact that they did not harm her Agatha.

Time did not permit Rose to think much about it as a sweet smell of something numbed her nerves unknowingly. She tried to keep her eyes open to observe the roads but eventually fell asleep.

.
.

Eyelids felt quite heavy and tiring to open. It was like she was drugged or intoxicated with something unknown. It took her a huge amount of effort to finally be able to open her eyes and keep them like that for observing the area around her. Some young girls surrounding Rose were taking their time and concentration to tighten the corset ribbons on her back. But due to some unknown reason, Rose could not feel her body being tightened inside of it. Maybe she got senseless that's why!

It took some time for Rose to inhale, and exhale then after some seconds she could feel a little bit of sensation of being slipped into a tight dress. She examined the girls, they were not talking anything to each other just doing their work like some functioning robots. Rose's hands or legs were not tied, but she felt it extremely difficult to move them. She obviously did not remember getting inside this room, sitting here or being slipped into this tight black dress which came till her knees.

"Where am l?" Rose's voice cracked as her throat felt dry as the desert. She could guess that she was not drugged for a longer time as the drug was still working very hard through her system. The girls paid no attention to her words and tied her hair in a side bun. Leaving her questioning figure in that scary room they left quietly.

Rose tried to get up from the stool on which she was sitting but it was like her body was not willing to move an inch. She did not know how much time she spent trying to move her feet, she only knew she had to do it for herself.

Time passed.. she discovered her muscles at a little ease but the danger to her luck... two men seeming like the same intruding Agatha's home entered the room which was illuminated with yellow lights.

"Perché diavolo il padrone vuole questa cagna in un vestito completo?" The one approaching Rose murmured to himself surprisingly while gawking at her figure. (why the hell master wants this bitch in a full dress!)

Rose was unable to move her body away from the man when he grabbed her wrist and made her sit in a wheelchair. He started pushing her out of that room with the other man walking forward them.

"Wh..where are you taking me?" She queried with difficulty. "Please let me leave!"

"Stai zitta puttana!" The man in front of her spat immediately. (Shut up bitch!) "sei fortunato a essere venduto a un prezzo elevato" He hissed at her making her seal her lips and the other guy laugh out loudly. (you are lucky to be sold at a high price)

Pleading to them was worthless Rose knew. And taking any action was impossible she felt. She was helpless like every time. They were running her wheelchair through a never ending hallway where nobody except them was present. With each rolling of the wheelchair, her heartbeat increased. She feared where her destiny was taking her this time. She thought nothing worse than the past incidents could happen in her life but here was she.. moving forward in a dark, empty hallway to the written fate of her doom. Her mind crossed a thousand possibilities... Is it her father, or her father's enemies! May be the people who want to avenge Kevin.. or worse is it someone she could not even think about! There were multiple people linked with her past wanting to avenge her for no reason. Only her name tied with the Knights had brought her existence into inescapable dangers.

She sucked the air around her in nervousness when they stopped her in front of a room. The heavy, old fashioned wooden door was pushed by the man standing by it. Her nerves tightened in alertness as the man holding her wheelchair pushed the chair inside the dark room and then pulled the door behind.

Rose was paranoid, frightened to her bone and not ready to face whoever planned to destroy her birthday and the rest days of her life. She could only round her eyes but nothing could be seen inside of that dark room. The slick sound of men's shoes reached her ears. She could feel someone getting closer to her slowly but with measured steps. A strong manly smell filled her nostrils with every step taken towards her. She could not see who the person was. Only his scent dominated the dark room's environment mercilessly. It was like the person was playing with her mind in the darkroom just by walking. Rose's inners scrambled poorly when the person finally stopped by her chair. She could feel him lowering his head to her level. She had a gooseflesh when he whispered breaking the ice of silence,

"Happy Birthday, Tesoro!"

"Missed me.. right?"

~●~●~●~

Thank you so much for reading ♡
Please vote and comment. And follow my account.