4. Surprised

"Happy Birthday, Tesoro!"

"Missed me.. right?"

His voice of whisper bombarded through Rose's head. The unexpected voice which she would not be able to forget till her last breath.

No matter what route you take, Rosalia. Remember that your destination will always be me.

The person she could not even think of reaching out to her in that particular situation. But she was not mistaken, she could not be.. that voice belongs to none other than her husband, the creator of her doom, Kevin Knight.

He took two long steps back and in a glace, some neon lights cast brightness across the room. Rose was too scared to look at him. She was not ready to face the reality and that face yet. So she kept looking down at the floor.

His scent, his aura, his presence sent her back to the memory lane where she tricked him into escaping and that unfortunate accident occurred. She had been hiding ever since that. But now... is he back .. is he back for real! Then why he did not approach to get her earlier.. why he left her free for four months! Nothing could sum up to her analyses. But her analyses were always awry when it came to her husband and this time there was also no exception. She had dropped the worry of him searching around for her and let her guards loose for a day. She blamed the cruel night and felt like a complete moron now for stepping out of that house unaware of the fact that this had to happen anyways.

"Surprised I see" He teased her from the near distance making her look in his direction.

There was Kevin, his posture stronger than ever, his sharp features emitting arrogance. He was looking calmer and more composed than Rose had ever seen him.. like he exactly knew what he was doing and was confident and positive about what was coming next. He has changed in a powerful way and it was playing with each of her nerves affectingly.

For the first time in the recent hour, Rose could feel some heat building inside her body. Her muscles tensed due to anxiousness. Her eyes were fixed on her husband. Was it the drug still working through her body or the presence of her husband that made it even more impossible for her to move!

"You should be... It's your birthday baby... And and my baby's birthday should be full of surprises... Don't you think?" Kevin asked in that familiar tone.

He moved forward, started walking in a circle around her but did not make any attempt to touch her. Rose mentally shuddered assuming he would probably behave furiously around her, he would directly start blaming her for what happened in the past but nothing like that actually happened. He was taking his time observing her from the distance like he had not seen her enough before.

Rose did not know what to answer she was only counting the moments of this destructive time. Her mind went blank being unable to understand his unusual actions. After a brief time of observing her, he stood right in front of her.

"You did surprise me on various occasions. Remember? So
It's my turn now! And I promise not to disappoint you, babe." Kevin asserted with some sort of cold excitement in his eyes. Rose's eyebrows frowned when Kevin moved closer, standing extremely closer to her sitting posture. She tried to move but she was still under the effect of the drug and also the very minimal distance between them did not allow her to do so. She could only move her face but not an inch of her body.

"I thought .. for a very long time .. what can I buy for you on your birthday and guess what it is!" He spoke wryly. Rose moved her face to the side closing her eyes but the next sentence he uttered made her set her eyes at him which grew two times bigger at that moment.

"I bought you!"

Kevin snapped his fingers in the air with a slight smirk plastered on his face and left the room leaving behind a flabbergasted Rosalia.

Bought her! What did he mean by that.. who sold her!... no way in hell this could be true! He could have been directly taken her if he wanted! Then why this humiliation! Then of course she did memorize it was just Kevin and his habit of stomping on her dignity...  she was not a material to be sold but he had always treated her like his owned item from the beginning... And she was not in any position to protest him physically, mentally or emotionally.

Instantly, Rose was brought to the private runway where Kevin's private jet was settled. He was already inside it, doing his own work, typing on his laptop. He had never kept Rose physically this distant from him in his presence in the past. His change in behaviour was good for Rosalia though it was negatively worrying her mind.

During their journey, he did not mind spending a word with her and she could not assimilate what to say or exactly how to behave around him. And it was hell more stressing than travelling with a complete stranger. Kevin did not even attend her cabin. Surprisingly he kept himself busy in his cabin while Rose prayed for the journey to last forever. Time was flying way too quickly according to her calculations. Now, they were soon to land in the city, she wanted to escape forever.

When she arrived near the door, she noticed that the number of bodyguards standing outside for them was twice that of before.  

"Follow me" Kevin commanded and walked forward without looking any back at her. Rose had no other option but to awkwardly follow him. As the drug's effect was over, she, thankfully was back to normal. She followed his way to his car. Kevin had already settled himself inside the car when she reached nearer. One of the bodyguards was holding the door for Rose. She ceased by the door, and took a long moment to survey her surroundings ... same stoic men in all black uniforms, same million dollar cars .. everything reminded her of her dark past. Her legs felt too heavy to lift up. Once she get into that damn car she would be thrown into that prison again.

"Get in!" Kevin asked patiently. She managed a way to sit inside but with maintaining a safe distance from her husband. He did not aim to reduce that either. Now that the drug was not working, she could feel her heartbeat rising, hands shaking and body getting warmer rapidly with descending distance. And the strange way Kevin was keeping his composure even when Rose took a very long time to get inside the car made her palpitate about her future and what her evil husband had already planned to punish her for her offenses. A person like Kevin would never ever let that slide. He had not touched her even once for the past zillion hours. He had not talked to her for once out of that strange coloured room and after that he was not even sparing a glance at her properly.

She was kind of a whore in the name of a wife but now he had made it official... put a label on it before taking her to his place. He announced that he had bought her and she knew what that word means in his twisted world. The last time Kevin locked her inside the Knight's Mansion was by abducting her. Even that appeared much more honourable in front of this.

She should not have raised her hopes so high. It really devastates you from within when every time you build up a little courage and collect the broken pieces of your heart and every damn time someone deliberately destroys everything. She just could not wrap her head around the fact that she was going back to that mansion again... that too with such disgracing term.  So was this the end of her story or just the beginning of her sufferings!

Opposite to Rose's perception of the situation, Kevin's driver stopped the car in front of a hospital. Rose believed she was perfectly in good health so did Kevin appear to be. Rose looked at him cluelessly with a questioning face. Why on earth he was taking her to a hospital! What was he trying to accomplish!

He will never let her leave,
He will never let her breathe in the air that does not have his presence
She strove for her freedom
Little did she know that will be the greatest doom of her life!

~●~●~●~

Thank you so much for reading ♡
Please vote and comment. And follow my account.

...

🐝+ve