10

"That the boat to Damocles Dock, my work here is done," Count Olaf ordered.  "But Josephine?" "Josephine, schmosephine," The villain dismissed as he walked off.  The children stayed silent as they were now at another dead need. The Baudelaires had no choice but to be put in the care of Count Olaf unless they could figure something out in the short amount of time that it would take them to arrive back at the dock.  The Baudelaires had mixed feelings about Aunt Josephine due to all her baggage and her not being able to be a perfect guardian like they had wished for, but that did not make them any sadder about her death, or the fact that count Olaf had gotten away with his plans once again. 

"We're approaching," Y/n softly said as she looked over the railing of the boat.  The boat began to come to a stop as it approached Damocleas Dock. Klaus, Violet and Y/n looked off into the sky as the sun rose, except for Klaus. He was focused on something much more. "Klaus?" The boy did not look away but instead held up the photo he had managed to save during the fall of Aunt Josephine's house. "It's Lucky Smells Lumbermill," Violet smiled, now having a sliver of hope. "She said it wasn't far," Their small moment was cut short when on of Olaf's henchmen, particularly the one with the metal hooks instead of hands yelled at them to get off the ferry and join everyone else on the dock. 

"What am I going to do with you?" Mr. Poe said as the children approached the banker with a bad cough. "You said you were going to go home and rest, but instead you steal a sailboat and push Josphine's house down a hill?" He began to complain how he had missed a discount on tickets and had to spend his night at a place that sold powdered eggs for breakfast. "And you, Miss. Y/n. You said you were going to keep them safe an dlook after them but instead you help them steal said boat," He began to go on about how he would not be surprised if Captian SHam would turn down the opportunity to adopt the Baudelaires, even after he spent tons of time dealing with he legal papers. Captian Sham of course, did not decline the opportunity. 

"Well, I'll admit the children's behavior did make me have second thoughts, but then I also had third thoughts which are how much of a bad influence this Y/n girl is to them, and then I had fourth thoughts, and that was how empty my wallet and my heart are," Y/n angerily glared at the man as he continued to speak and give a small spiel on how the Baudelaires would make his life so much better, to his pockets of course.  "We're not going anywhere with you," Violet said as she angerily looked at the man. "This is clearly Count Olaf in disguise," Klaus added. "He even killed Aunt Josephine in cold blood," Y/n said. "Actually, it was cold water,"The hook handed henchman corrected. "Baudelaires, we've been through this. There's absolutely nothing nothing at this point that will convince me that this man is actually Count Olaf," Mr. Poe defended. "And plus, you have no evidence to support these wild accusations, and I can't, on behalf of Mulctuary Money Managment. l cannot take the word of four children," Mr. Poe defended.

 "Technically, it's three. The baby can't speak," Captian Sham pointed out. sUnny wasted no time a lunged to the man's wooden leg and chewed through the wood of the man's prosthetic. The now severely weakened wook snapped in half and revealed Captian Sham's perfectly fine leg. "My leg!" He shouted. "My leg has grown back! it's wonderful! It's a medical miracle!" Mr. Poe quickly rained on the man's parade/ "Even a child could see the pegleg was false," "A child did see that the pegleg was false.Four children, in fact," "But you didn't listen,"  Klaus added ot Y/n's statement. A loud thud was heard and it caught Klau's attention. He tugged in Y/n's jacket to get her attention and Y/n tapped on Giolet to get her's. It was a truck. A truck that had the Lucky Smells Lumbermill logo painted  on the back of it.  "Lucky Smells Lumbermill," Violet whispered. "Let's go,"  The children ran up tot the truck an climbed inside of the bed of the truck. 

"Y/n come with us,"  Klaus pleaded as he looked at the girl who was standing  outside the truck. "Yes, please. We need you to come with us," Violet begged. SUnny let out a able to express her concerns as well. Y/n sadly looked at the Baudelaires. She was about to say something but the truck began to drive off. Y/n's eyes widened as she began to run after it. The children held out their hands for Y/n to grab.  The girl ran as fas t as she could to catch up, and thankfully she did.  She swiftly jumped in the ledge of the truckbed and climbed inside, but the truck hit a bum causing her to fall in. Right on top of Klaus. "You made it," He said as he looked down at her with a relived smile on his face. "I wouldn't leave you guys," She smiled as she pushed herself off of Klaus. They all sat in the bed of the truck. The moment was bittersweet, but the children had not words. "What's that thing Haruki Murakami said?" Violet asked. "When you come out of the storm, you'll never be the same person who walked in," Klaus recited. "Before that part,"  "You wont besure in fact whether the storm is really over," 

Indeed the Baudelaires  were not the same people the were before the terrible fire that caused their parents to perish. Y/n was not the same girl she was before she meet the Buadelaires on Damocles Dock.  The children had changed. They were not able to tell if it was for thebetter or for the worse, but they knew it had indeed happened. THey had no idea the things they were going to find at Luck Smells Lumbermill, but they did know they wanted to find answers. Answers to the many, many, many, questions they had.  "Do you think we made the right choice?" Klaus asked unsure his decisions. "That doesn't matter now. What matters is what happens," Violet answered. The children stayed silent as they took in there surroundings. 

Even thought they were in danger, even though they were fleeing their gaudian. They were still able to appreciate the beauty of their situation, and the new people that joined them