A New Life (Part 12) (Finale)

Hello~ I know the title is heartbreaking 🥲 💔

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now the next day after the explosion of Doflamingo's base. You all set out to sea after the incident and decided to call it a night. It was morning, you wake up to the silky sheets of your bed against your frail skin. Then the soft smell of cigars that fluttered around your room. You couldn't resist not to wake up because you knew that your special someone was lying next to you.

You open your eyes, the first thing you find is Smoker lying next to you sound asleep. You stare for a quick moment and smile to yourself.

I didn't think this day would ever come..

You wrap your arms around the man and cuddle him while he slightly snores. You take in his cigar scent, the feeling of nostalgia hit. Even though you hated the smell it was just nostalgic to you. It was just like that night up in the tree. The one night he didn't realize you confessed to him through the words of the moon. When you sat in his presence and cuddled up on that Dawn Island tree.

You wished he knew back then how you felt about him. He was too oblivious to even realize the words you tried to hint to. But.. Maybe it was meant to be that way. Maybe it was meant to be, you being in this dear bed. Lying next to the man of your dreams, the one man you loved and still do. Being in his grasp, him being in yours. You felt such a strong connection between the two of you.

It was unbreakable..

"Morning L/n.." Smoker suddenly said moving a bit. You look at him and smile his direction. "Morning smoke.." you respond back putting a hand on his cheek. You were like his sunshine, his bunches of flowers that lie in the middle of a field. You were his one light that could take him away into a blissful world. The only key he had to his heart was you, the only being on the planet that could every be touched, loved and cuddled with by him.

You are his everything, he wouldn't want nothing more than to be by your side for the rest of his life. Holding hands with you until the very end. As long as it was with you, he wouldn't mind.

"Did you rest well?" You ask now sitting up next to him. He fixed himself and lied straight on his back. "The best sleep I've ever gotten.." He said with a small smile on his face. You look over to him and chuckle. "That's good to hear.." you respond leaning down to him and kiss his cheek.

"I think Sanji is making some breakfast right now. Why don't you go get ready." You suggest getting out of bed stretching a bit. Smoker also gets up and stretched on the other side of the bed. "Didn't think I would ever sleep on a pirate ship.." Smoker stated, with much disbelief in his voice. "You know their good people Smoke.." you explain while tying up your hair in a ponytail. He stays quiet while watching you tie your hair.

"I guess you could say that.." Smoker admitted with slight pink on his cheeks. You smile and head to the bathroom. "I think I have an extra toothbrush.." you tell while looking through your bathroom inventory.

————————————————————————————

At the moment you and Smoker ate breakfast while being amused by Luffy, Chopper, Usopp and Franky playing a game (included smokers crew). The rules of the game were, whoever looked the weirdest would win the game. It was very unusual but very amusing to the audience. After a while of watching you hear the door open to reveal Crocodile walking in still looking tired. You smile to him and pat a seat next to you for him to sit. He catches the gesture and heads over to sit next to you.

"You look exhausted Croc, did you get enough sleep?" You ask in worry while grabbing him a plate of food. "That bed was killing my back.." Crocodile answered while taking the plate of food you handed him. "Ah, yeah. You got the sucky bed." You say with a slight giggle. Crocodile let's out a sigh and digs into his food.