60

Christen's POV

"Bye Princess." I whisper then I kiss my wife's forehead and her lips. "I'll see you when you wake up."

Jucinara sleepily smiles at me then she gets wheeled back to the OR for her surgery.

Luckily Jucinara's injury was just a meniscus tear and not an ACL or MCL so she'll be back to normal in around 6 weeks which means she'll likely play in the final couple games before the January Friendlies.

After my wife disappears into the OR with Nalu for her surgery, I head back to our private waiting area.

Nalu's going into Surgery with Jucinara so that if Nara has a bad dream while she's knocked out, Nalu can be there to help her.

"She's in the OR now." I say as I walk into the waiting room.

"Good." Jucinara's Mom says as I sit down in-between my sisters.

Surprisingly, a lot of people came for Jucinara's surgery.

My sisters, My Dad, Juice's sisters and their girlfriends, Jucinara's parents, Cairo, Tobin, Alex, Charlie, Audrey, Daan, Emma, Jessie, and their kids are here.

I thought it was just gonna be me, Zoi, and João here.

"Chrissy?" Zoi says as she climbs into my lap.

"Yes Princess." I say.

"Juice gonna be okay?" My daughter asks.

"Yeah Sweetie." I say. "She's just gotta take a quick little nap then she'll be all better."

"Otay." My daughter says then she hugs me. "Imma play now."

I chuckle at my daughter's antics as I set her on the floor then she walks over to where the kids, Jucinara's Dad, Emma, and Tobin are playing on the floor.

"They're so cute." Channing says as we look at my kids.

"That they are." I say.

"Do they still not call you Mama?" Alex whispers.

"We're going at their pace." I whisper. "They did witness their dad kill their Mom."

"Let's forget about that." Alex says causing my sisters to subtly squeeze my hands to stop me from saying anything back to Alex.

Sometimes Alex needs to learn when to not say anything

Of course everyone's trying to forget about Zoi and João's dad killing their mom, but Zoi and João probably never will so denying it ever happened will do nothing, but harm the twins' mental state later in life.

"Choo choo." Jucinara's Dad says causing me to look at the floor and see him playing trains with the kids.

I smile at my father-in-law then I pull out my book from my bag and read it to pass the time.

"Family of Jucinara Press?" Someone says causing me to look up from my book.

"Yes." I say.

"Mrs. Press is out of surgery and being moved to a room." The Nurse says. "Once she is in her room and settled we'll take you too her."

I nod then the nurse leaves.

"Juice okay?" João asks as he and his sister walk over to me.

"Yeah Babies." I say with a smile. "Juice is okay."

- - - - -

Jucinara's POV

"There we go." Christen says as she props my leg up for the umpteenth time.