02

All my life I have felt alone

All my life I have felt alone. Like no one's there for me. It's just me who has to be resilient and strong no matter how hard life goes on hitting me.

Today was no different.

They say, I'm a strong independent high value women and I don't tolerate any nonsense but today as my senior Ryan, started touching me, rubbing his skin against mine. It made me numb, disgusted.

No matter how much I wanted to push him away. The old traumas engulfed me. Those dirty touches made me so alert about myself.

The abusers face started coming in front of me and I just wanted to curl myself in a small ball and hide in a pit

The old memories kept on flashing in front of my face. The memories in which I had cried my eyes out and no one knew how much I needed the warmth and safety. The younger Radha needed all of it.

Safety. That's what I have been looking for all my life. I wanted to feel protected and today the Officer made me feel protected.

As if he's there for me and would do anything to make sure I'm alright.

The punch which Ryan received gave me a relieve that hell yes, Ryan deserved it but then there's someone who made me feel safe and protected. Shardul.

Even his name is so beautiful, "Shardul" I let out his name in a whisper to taste what his name sounds like.

I wasn't expecting him to be one of my bodyguards dad has appointed for me. I mean if he was my bodyguard I wouldn't have said no to go with him in Maldives. He's really that good looking.

Shardul entered the car and sat beside me, he slid on his glasses and raked his hair few times, and the vehicle started to move to airport.

He took a glance at me and looked forward to the long highway road whilst my eyes were still on him, studying him like he is a piece of art.

The light dusted stubble on his cheeks made me want to rub my thumb against his cheeks but my mind resisted me to do so.

Shardul took out his MacBook from his bag and exhaled a sigh, as if he's stressed over something. I wish I could make him feel at ease.

"Am I that good looking that you can't stop looking at me?" Shardul said, his eyes still on the screen.

Just as I realised that he catched me staring at him, my gaze immediately moved to the window watching the passing billboards and the local vendors on the road.