13. An Emotional Bandage

Arya- Haan. Saare pieces chipak gaye. Ab isse sookhne dete hain. Okk?

Mini- Okay, nice... ab kya?

Arya- Abhi.... drawing?

Mini- Drawing?... yeh drawing shrawing na, it's not my cup of tea.

- (laughed) Tumhe toh kuch nahi aata, Veer Balika. Tumhe pata hai, Neil kitni acchi drawing karta hai? Usne mere liye pizza ki drawing banayi thi.

-Accha ji? (smiled) Aur main jo tujhe pizzas khilati hoon, woh?

- Rehene do, rehene do. Neil toh khud pizza bana sakta hai.😏

(Mini suddenly realized that she hasn't talked with him the whole day. But how come? She was so engrossed in her pain that she didn't even notice his absence. She felt a little bad. Yet even he did not reach her. That was odd. Then she remembers they had a fight in the morning. She can't even remember what exactly had happened, Did she go too far in it? ... she broke a glass the morning! Did she hurt Neil? Was he upset because of her? She felt immensely guilty.)

- Veer Balika? Kya hua?... phirse pet dukh raha hai?

-(she nodded) Haan Chutanki, I think.

- Tum ja ke so jao. Okk? Main yeh drawing karke, khud so jaungi.

She nodded and slowly limped out of the room.

- Rani didi! Aap bhi chali jao, mera dinner banane ki zaroorat nahi.

.
.
.

(Mini went back to her room, upset. She wished to call him right then and solve the matter. But she did not know what to say. She had a feeling that he won't understand. Or maybe she herself didn't understand it. Her brain rushed into thousands of thoughts, but she couldn't comprehend anything clearly.

She tried to distract herself by working on laptop. But her cramp did not allow it. She boiled some water for herself. Then went to her room, bent her legs on the bed and covered on the blanket. The fan wasn't working properly, so she took it out again. With her brows slightly pushed together, she shut her eyes, and tried to fall asleep.)

.
.
.
.
.

Arya's room

(Neil knocked.)

Arya- Neil! Tum aa gaye! (She ran to him and holding his hand, she dragged him to the bed.) Dekho maine kya banaya? Yeh Veer Balika, yeh main, aur yeh tum?

Neil- Wow! This is so beautiful, Choti Madam. By the way, main yeh kya bana raha hoon?

Arya- Cake. (grinned) Jaisi tumne uss din banayi thi na, Veer Balika ke liye? Waisi wali.

Neil- Uss din toh maine chocolate cake banayi thi...?

Arya- Mera brown colour kho gaya hai. Isliye maine yeh yellow kar diya. ...tum isse mango cake samajh lo.

-Ohhkay (he chuckled).... Waise,.. aapko pta hai? Kiya ko bhi Mango cake bahut pasand hai.

- Really? Mangoes toh mujhe bhi bahut pasand hain. ...Uske vacation shuru hue kya, Neil?

Neil- I don't know, Choti Madam. Main kal hi usse poochta hoon.

.
.
.

(Around at 11, Mini's sleep was disturbed. All she could think about was her stomach. The pain was irresistable and at it's peak. She began to sing and hop to drown her pangs, but all in vien. She was feeble, but at last came out to the kitchen and set a container to boil water. Half humming, half crying, she walked around the cabinet. She was almost unable to put one step in front of the other. Out of tiredness, she sank to the ground of the staircase. Another shrill ache twisted her abdominal area. She groaned in torture, her eyes filled with tears. And finally rested on the floor of stairs, taking deep breathes. Her eyes were shut and body leaned to the wall)