21. Movie Night

The night is quite, just except the little creaking sounds that the bed makes, as Mini changes her position on it. Neil, sleeping next to her, has spread his left arm to make it a pillow for her. No help.

Then the phone rings. It's 3.30 am. Neil tries to find it, still with eyes closed. He sits up luke a sloth, then opens his eyes. Turns on the lamp, then puts off the alarm.

Then sees Mini, whose eyes were shrinked due to sudden abundance of light.

Neil- Mini.... Mini. Utho.

Mini- Hn?

Neil- Utho.

Mini- (still sleepy) Kya hua?

The doctor had prescribed to take a little walk after the surgery. So that Mini's muscles function properly after the heavy dose of drugs.

Mini- Kya heavy drugs? Kuch heavy nahi tha. Mujhe toh poore feel ho rahe the saare stitches.

Neil- Par phir bhi,

Mini- Upar se maine unhe yeh bataya, toh bolte hain, "aap alcoholic hui hongi isliye aap par asar nahi hua hoga" Like, seriously?! Alchohol?.. Aur Main!?

Neil- Ok Ok fine. Ab toh operation bhi ho gaya. Ab toh gussa karna band karo?

Mini- Main gussa kar rahi hoon!?

Neil smiles.

Mini- .... aur kar rahi hoon toh kya? Right hai mera? Kitna pain ho raha tha idhar pata hai? (Slightly touching her stomach)

And she suddenly realizes she's not wearing her clothes. There's this long white something that covers her, yet keeps falling from her shoulder- a white shirt perhaps... - Neil's shirt. There is also a pair of very loose pajamas that has come below her knees, as she looks down. Her eyes shortly widen.

Neil- Tumhare closet mein koi comfortable kapde the hi nahi, so Preet took these for you.

She was so tired, she doesn't remember wearing those in hospital, Mini thinks.

Neil- Now get up. You have to practice "walking" (He says and takes her hand to pull her.)

She stumbles a little and his hands reach out immediately to help her.

The shirt is big on her, so it hits her lower thighs. She decides to take out the half-worn pants, to avoid stumbling again.

His eyes involuntarily travel around her. She looks beautiful in his shirt. Her hair, tied up in a messy bun. He could have pulled her cheeks for how adorable she looked, just the face was dull, that reminded him she's maybe still in pain.

They again start walking. Out of the room, around the sofas, then he leaves her hand. She walks on her own, little faster, then climbs the stairs, then jogs an little, all this while talking with him about everything that happened in the hospital. Neil laughs when he knows about how Mini kicked a nurse while given the injection. She laughs too but admits that she is a quite sorry for it. They have pretty long chit-chats and her ache has vanished by now.

Mini- Let's watch a movie. (suggests)

Neil- Movie? Abhi?

Mini- Han?

Neil- Nai nai nai. Mujhe sona hai, main sone ja raha hoon.

Mini- A re, abhi so ke kya karoge?

Neil- Kya karoge matlab? (interrogating-ly) Tum toh operation ka bahana bana kar chutti le logi conveniently, mujhe toh restaurant jana padega na?

Mini- Toh... (sighs) Tum kitne sadhu Insaan ho yaar!

Neil- What! Me-?

Mini- Yes you! Ek movie nahi dekh sakte mere saath? Aur kaunsa abhi tum so paoge? Char baje hain. 4 ghante soye nhi hoge, phir uthna padega. Usse better hum koi movie dekhte hain?

Neil- Kya abhi. Tum khud hi dekh lo?

Mini- (denies) C'mon yaar,... aao na? (pleadingly)

(He shakes his head and smiles to sit down)

Neil- Kya dekhna hai?

Mini- Hnm... dekhte hain kya kya movies hain .... horror dekhen?

Neil- ITNI RAAT KO!?

And she drops the idea same moment, by the grey face he makes.

Mini- Action bhi hai, ek do. ... Yeh dekhte hain! Spiderman!

Just a small yelp escapes his mouth. He's grateful Mini didn't hear it. But no way he is going to watch this movie.

Neil- Yeh- yeh kya bachchon wali movie hai. Cheh-

Mini- Bacchon wali? You're talking about an Avenger movie!

Neil- Avenger hai toh kya?... mujhe nahi dekhna koi Spider man.

Mini took a second and replied,

Mini- Haan! Tum kaise dekhoge spiderman? Spider ka toh naam sunte hi paseene chootte hain tumhare? (she laughs)

Neil- Kya!? Kahan? Kuch bhi?

Mini - Accha? Toh dekho mere saath?

Neil- Mera mnn nhi hai.

Mini- (smirks) A re daro mat yaar. Bss naam hai Spiderman. Asli spider nahi hai movie mein.

Neil- MAIN DARR NAHI RAHA.

Mini- Ok ok, fine? Come. Come naa. We'll have fun. (smiles)

Neil- (hisses slowly) I hate you!

Mini laughs as he sits beside her and crosses her arm with him. She does that so casually that Neil wonders why he's getting butterflies.

Two hours just like that, Mini watched the movies and he watched her. At first he wasn't interested at all, but slowly she saw him reacting to the scenes. And he was enjoying. The moments when he would feel afraid, he purposefully take away his eyes from screen, and look at Mini, up to bottom several times. She just kept a hand on his thigh, clearly knowing his gaze on her, and feeling shy for no reason.

It was funny how he looked when afraid. Mini couldn't focus in the movie as she smiled at him. She keeps her head on his shoulder, to comfort him. She doesn't know if it really helps him, assumes because his shoulder always lightens her head. It gives her bliss, she thinks and closes her eyes.

After a while the movie ends. Neil turns his neck to look at Mini. She is already in deep slumber. Her head on his shoulder and whole body resting on the hand she has held. Neil is hesitant that changing his posture might wake her. When he brings himself apart from her grab, he thinks to let her sleep like that. But her stomach is coiled in that position. So her decides to take her to bed.

First holding her from back, then his hands go behind her legs... her bare legs. He looks around to kill the nervousness, and lifts her whole body. Mini flinches at his touch, but just a little. And to his horror, her eyes open slowly. He stops where he was standing. But only what Mini does is to look into his eyes and again closes them.

A mild pinkness appear on her cheek like joy. Her smile is like a baby. And as she's put on the bed again, she snuggles into his shirt like a baby again.

.

.

.

☆♡♡♡☆

Less dialogues and more drama this time. :P Comment down you views. And yes, please tell if there are typing errors, I don't re-check before posting.

Aau Nua-khai Juhar pile mane❤️🌾