Lost

It was really cold here. Mama said I should be more grateful. She says she could have had me wait somewhere colder. I don't like the cold. It gets scary when I can't feel my toes. Mama says I need to stop over exaggerating though. She says it makes me annoying. I sniffed and rubbed my cheeks. It's been a long time sense mama left. I was really bad at telling time. But the sun had come and left a few times now. I don't think she is coming back. I hiccup and tried to hide my crying. No body likes a cry baby!

I heard foot steps and ran behind a few trashcans. Some mean looking people had been coming to the alley recently. One tried to grab me once but I bit him and ran. I promised Mama I wouldn't leave the alley though. So I couldn't run far. I hope this wasn't them coming back!

"Hello?" I flinched and peaked out. It was an older kid. He had light purple hair and was really pretty.

"Someone there" I sniffed and covered my mouth. If I didn't talk maybe he wouldn't hurt me.

"are you crying? Come one out it's ok" I shook my head. No I won't come out. I heard a sigh.

"Maybe Jack can sniff them out" I think I heard him say. Who was jack though? I heard running and then it got quiet again. I moved closer into my self and hugged my legs. My knees hurt from all the glass around but it's ok. They weren't really bad. I had to be strong so Mama will come back for me. I closed my eyes and hid my face in my knees.

"She isn't coming back" I whispered. I know this. I know she won't want me anymore. I was a burden. She said I ate to much and wanted her attention all the time. She said I was needy. I shouldn't have asked her for a hug that day. I shouldn't have asked to eat Breakfast with her. I was asking to much. I would have been ok from the dinner the night before. 

"In here" I jumped and covered my mouth. Who was that? They sounded gruff and had a deep voice.

"I think so, I heard crying" The purple haired person? They were back? What did they want?

"It smells back here Epel" The gruff sounding one said. was that the Purple haired person's name? Epel? Was this that Jack person I think they said? Please go away. I'm not here I promise. I shook and sniffed. I felt my throat closing. I didn't like this feeling please go away now.

"I think I heard something to" Jack said I closed my eyes and heard something weird. it sounded like sniffing and it was getting louder! I hid my head and covered my ears. Maybe if I was small they wouldn't see me.

"Blood..." I think Jack said then there was rustling and I was picked up. I squeaked and felt tears fall. NO no no no no no! Let go please let go!

"A kid!?" I heard both of them say. Epel rushed over.

"Jack put them down! I don't think they like behind held like that!" Jack blinked and set me down I tried to run but fell and yelped. The glass was in my knee really bad now! It hurt so much!

"H-Hey it's ok, Come on back over" I shook my head scrunched back up. If I was small it would be harder to hit me. I was good at being small.

"I don't think they trust us a whole lot" Gruffy Jack said. Epel looked at him and sat down. Why was he doing that? It's dirty on the ground, You need to get up please!

"We won't hurt you, Those um, Knees look pretty bad. Mind if I check them" I scooted a little further away. Epel sighed and looked at Jack. Jack scratched the back on his head. His Big Fluffy ears twitching.

"Look kid, where is your family? Your ma?" I shook my head and pulled my knees closer. I didn't want to talk to them. 

"Look at them Jack, How long have they been in here?" Jack groaned before looking at Epel.