Shooting star! || (Edric)

*Edric's POV* ~

"those are my earrings!"
"well, they look better on me!"

huh?... I slowly woke up from my bed to Em and Mittens screaming at each other from the other room, I groaned and shoved my face into my pillow until I realized what day it was. I immediately put on my school clothes and sooner or later I was ready pretty quickly.

Before leaving looking back at Em, I assumed she was going to walk to school with Viney as usual, so I left the house without her as she continued to argue with mittens. Walking by myself got boring real quick and pretty sad actually so I decided to stop by the owl house. I was hesitant at first since hunter ran out of the gym after I danced with him, I knew I sucked at dancing but I didn't think I was that bad. But I'm pretty sure something as stupid as that wouldn't ruin our relationship...so I knocked on the door.

"I'll get it!" A voice from behind the door yelled, the door swung open a few seconds after and my eyes widened. Hunter was standing there with messy hair and an otter onesie which made my ears go red for some reason. Once he saw it was me his eyes went big and immediately shut the door, immediately after the door opened again.

"Ah, Hunter had to go upstairs real quick looks like he wasn't digging the fit." Luz apologized while she laughed, "No it's fine I came a bit early!" I apologized waving my hands up and down.She let me inside and I sat on the couch with the demon who kept yelling that he was a king. "Oh shoot Willow and Gus need me!" She yelled while holding Eda's scroll, waving me goodbye, Luz bolted out of the door quickly. Once she left Hunter came down the stairs and he didn't say one word.

"So an otter onesie?" I laughed nudging his shoulder as we both left the house, "Oh shut up! It isn't even mine" He yelled as his ears went red. "Plus! they're insanely comfortable!" he scoffed, "You didn't say that about my bat onesie when we had that sleepover!" I snarked as I finally got a laugh out of him. "So..why did you pick me up so early? School doesn't even start until like 10 minutes." He questioned raising his eyebrows, "I..uh wasn't really paying attention with the time with today being an important day." I replied fidgeting with my uniform.

"Important day?" he asked looking a bit confused, "oh yeah I keep forgetting this is your first year at hexside, cmon I'll tell you over some spider-cones!" I smiled before grabbing hunter's hands. "But what about school!" he yelled trying to resist, "We're early anyway! It's going to be fine. It's my treat!" I said before winking. We both ran towards a nearby food stand to buy some spider cones so I could tell him all about it.

"That'll be ... snails"

I paid the person who was running the stand and we both sat on a nearby bench, "Okay so. Hexside basically has this event every year, hexside has the perfect view to see the famous shooting star. You like a wish on something when you see the star and it should happen." I said with excitement. "I don't know sounds pretty cliche." hunter replied shooting my excitement down.

"Well I never got to experience it also since there was always something keeping me from going, so it turns out we're both first-timers!" I smiled nudging his shoulder, "okay-okay! we should probably get going huh.." he laughed a bit while I nodded my head.

He took out his cute little palisman, Flapjack, and I just stood there awkwardly. "Hey, are you coming on?" he said raising his eyebrow, "well the thing is I've actually never ridden a palisman." I nervously laughed a bit. He started to burst out in laughter which made my ears blush out of embarrassment, "...It's not that funny!" I scoffed, "Alright! just try and hold onto me and you'll be okay." he smiled.