Imperfect nights (SHORT BONUS)

"I like you"

Still thinking about earlier today, I felt as if I was on cloud nine! Sure is that a bit cheesy to say?
Maybe...but I couldn't help it. Hunter actually liked me. He liked me! Today felt a bit surreal to me like some kind of dream but seeing Hunter's good night messages made me happy. It was as if everything was going a little too well for me...like everything was falling into place.

*knock knock*

"Ed?.. You still awake?" she asked behind the door, "Yeah! Do you need something?" I yelled before she opened my door. "I guess you could say that...soo how'd your date go?" Emira smirked while my face was slowly turning red.

"Wha- Date? I wouldn't call it a date.."
"mhm. Whatever you say, how'd your 'friendly hangout' go?"

She plopped onto my bed as we spent the night talking about what happened, to be honest, I never really felt as close as I did with her till now. "I'm glad you had a fun time, Ed." she said with a sadden-tone, "I'm feeling like you're not as excited as I am right now.." I replied raising an eyebrow.
"No-No! I am! Trust. It's just that it's kinda odd how you had the most perfect night while mine was the opposite." she awkwardly laughed, and my eyes widened, to be honest, we never opened up to each other in a while. I mean ever since she kind of dropped me for Viney, I don't blame her for wanting to be more independent, but we've never been as close since.

"You can tell me what's going on, Em." taking her hand a small smile crept up her face, "Thank you. Long story short...Viney has recently been choosing flyer derby over me. I'm her girlfriend for titan's sake! It just hurts." Immediately grabbing her into a hug, I felt bad. Obviously, I could relate to how she was feeling but nobody should feel that way, "Hey..what if Hunter and I set up a little something for you and Viney, so guys can talk it out!" her eyes lit up and so did mine.

"You would do that for me?"
"Of course!"

She left my room in such a lighter mood than before and I felt happy. Shifting my attention to my alarm clock, I almost screamed at the fact it was almost 3 am. Sleep! I need sleep! I seriously need to stop staying up it's hurting my sleeping schedule at this point.