Mission: Confession! | (Hunter) | pt. two

*Edric's POV*

"You're actually going to this thing?" Luz questioned looking at the phony invitation card, "Yeah, I was kind of invited." I smiled as I searched in my closet for something to wear. "Invited?" She quickly turned to me in excitement, startling me a bit. "Oh! uh yeah!...by Edric." I mumbled while she let out a small squeal.
     "On Valentine's Day?"
          "It's not that serious Luz, it's basically like a get-together with other classmates. Also, what is Val? Val whatever anyways?" she let out a little pout, "Fine." she groaned as I rolled my eyes. "Valentine's Day. it's like a special human holiday for lovers. People confess to their crushes, do little stuff for them, all that mushy gushy stuff." she continued while my eyes widened as luz smirked at me.
"Stop looking at me like that!"
"Like what?!"
"Nothing.."

Sudden visualizations popped into my head, it would probably explain the sudden gestures recently today for no reason...No! Why would he know some human holiday? But..Either way, I wanted to look somewhat good. To be honest I didn't really know what to wear since I'd never been to a bonfire or knew what that was.
       "Er...I don't really know what to wear to a bonfire. Could you..uh please help me?"
                   I began avoiding any eye contact with her, "Really?! Of course!" Luz yelled with a gigantic smile written on her face. I was kind of worried cause she always has overdone it and whenever I asked for help with dressing she'd give me 10 million outfits. I'll sadly never forget when I asked for help with my dress during grom, dark times.

~ several painful minutes later ~

"Voila~!" Luz turned me around to the mirror and I actually looked pretty good, "I did pretty good didn't I?" she laughed with excitement nudging my shoulder. The thing is I actually did I really looked like an average teenager it gave me a pretty nice feeling. "Yeah I guess you did, thank you, Luz." I gave her a tight hug and she looked pretty shocked, "Ah, you're welcome Hunter..you should probably get going. Wouldn't want you to be late." Luz blushed before lightly pushing my shoulder. "Okay! "Okay! I hear you." I laughed before heading out.

When I was walking outside I realized something and stopped, where was the bonfire again... Are you kidding me?! I quite literally read that card front to back ten billion times! How in the world do I just forget that? Ugh, I was so stupid. Taking out my scroll, I looked through my contacts and knew there was only one person I could call. But I was dreading calling them for some reason.

"Hey, Hunter!" Edric said as I heard his voice my heart fluttered a bit, and for a split second, I swear I forgot the whole reason why I called him. "H..Hey! I just wanted to ask where was the bonfire at?" I asked followed by an awkward laugh, "Was it not on the invitation?" once he said that I remembered Luz still having the invitation in hand. "Uh..you could say I lost it." I said with an upset tone, "Don't worry! I can pick you up. Let's just say Mittens let me 'borrow' ghost for a bit." He softly laughed making me smile a bit. He then asked where I was located so I sat on the bench waiting for him, flapjack sat right beside me chirping as we waited.

5 minutes later.

10 minutes later.

15 minutes later.

It was a bit dark and at this point, I was kind of losing all hope of him coming. Getting up, I was ready to just go back home until something came crashing from the sky and onto the bushes. "What the hell?!" I jumped being a bit startled, inching closer to the bush, it was really hard to see what exactly it was but flapjack and I were prepared for anything.
     "Ah! Sorry, Hun.."
        The thing popped out of the bushes and I kicked it so quickly out of fear and pure instinct. Hearing a voice, I slowly took out a light glyph from one of my back pockets to see that it was Edric. Of course, it was. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologized rushing to his assistance, "No no it's okay! That was pretty creepy of me huh?" he laughed as I picked him up from the bushes. I sat him down on the bench, realizing he had all tons of branches in his hair, and I immediately felt guilty.