Part 1

Dinner at the house of wind.

Aurelia froze when Helion walked into the room. It shouldn't have been a problem, she had meet Helion before. At the High Lord's meeting, at balls or meetings over the centuries, but every time she had Beron by her side, here she was free. Lucien had invited her here, to the Night Court, to show her the beautiful city of Velaris and have a peaceful moment with her, like mother and son.

Helion sat right in front of her and smiled. Longing and a little sadness on his face.

'Its been a while, my Helianthus.'

She couldn't move, her eyes teared up and one single tear fell on her face. Lucien touched her hand and she turned to him. Understanding on his eyes, he his mother's hand one as if to tell her that it was okay, that now, at this moment she had no one to be afraid of. That she was free. Feyre and Rhys also smiled to her reassuringly.

She turned to Helion and a smile bloomed in her face. 'It has truly been a while. My love.'

Helion's mouth split with a wicked grin.

'It was you' he said, 'you did it.'

Aurelia threw him an expression that mirrored his own satisfaction. 'Why' she asked, 'did you think I'm not capable of doing such a thing?'

'That would mean I underestimate you, my Helianthus, and i could never do that. Though I doubted it, when I didn't find the spell.'

'What spell?' Lucien asked, his gaze going from his mother to the man, who apparently, was his real father. His mother's mate.

Helion turned to his son, 'You know, when I was once a rebellious teenager, about 850 years ago, I got mad when some annoying minister told my father to "have another heir, cuz this one isn't fit to rule this court", so i did what any other kid would do. Created a spell.' Lucien's golden eye moved impatiently, as if urging Helion to go on with his story. Everyone was waiting for it actually, the dinner table at the House of Wind was silent.

'I presume this wasn't just any spell,' Lucien said.

'No, of course it wasn't,' a little smile hovered on his lips, than Helion added 'son.'

'With this spell I could join the power inside me with some other fae, any other fae, create some path between our souls and draw their power, suck it from their souls, until there was but a desperate, empty shell left. And that shell, I could crush, until there was nothing more than some pieces, flying along on the air.' Helion smiled at the Inner Circle, who now watched him openmouthed, their jaws on the floor. Only in the face of his Helianthus, there was a smile of admiration and something else, perhaps longing. As if she had missed hearing his voice, sweet like a melody created only for her, as if the had missed seeing his beautiful smile, and enchanting eyes, his beautiful hair. She was falling in love all over again.

'That spell I used on Beron, the day after i went back to the Autumn Court, I memorised it when I was with Helion, I didn't tell you I'd found it of course,' she stopped for a moment as if to control and push back deep the 500 year hatred she had for Beron. As if only saying his name made her blood boil. 'I created a path between our souls, and immediately felt his power, a power that was now mine for the taking. The next day I learned I was pregnant, I was devastated. I didn't know what this spell could do to my child, but then over the worrying happiness hit me. A child. With the man I loved. It was as if a ray of sunshine entered that horrifying palace.' She looked at Lucien with love and hope,as if he had been her saving. 'Days became months, and I slowly learned how to master the spell. It was hard to maintain some sort of a ratio, don't take much or he'll notice, take just a little every day. I noticed that when I was angry at him, I took more power so I had to learn how to keep my anger in check. How to continue looking and listening to him, without having the need to put my hands in his throat.'

'Turned out this spell had created a path between Beron's soul, mine and Lucien's, any magic I got , my body would give Lucien his share too.'

'That's why I am just a powerful as my brothers, I have power as if i was his son.'

'Yes, my child, and if Beron lives longer, you might just become stronger than them. I don't know how but I think this spell has something to do with the powers you were supposed to have inherited from Helion, maybe that's why you haven't shown any sign of such powers.'

'I am here now,' Helion said. 'I'd love to see what sort of powers do you have.'

Note: Helianthus means sunflower, I found it only fitting for it to be Helion's nickname for her. Enjoy!