Part 11

It was a cloudy night and the moon was nowhere to be seen. The Inner Circle was leaving from the House of Wind and yet Elain's mind remained with its inhabitants. Elain couldn't believe Aurelia had arrived only one night ago and would leave the day after. So much had happened. She was worried about Lucien. Today had been a dream and now it was time to wake up. But how could he wake up? It would break his heart. This fragile reality build today. Would it crumble mercilessly or was there a possibility of it happening again? Of it happening and never ending?

On the other hand, there was the wedding. Isaiah's wedding. Elain just realised she didn't know Lucien's brothers. Of course he rarely talked about them. Yeah, well, Elain thought, considering their story...
Three weeks alone with Lucien in a court she'd never been. She'd never been in any court. Actually she'd never been outside Velaris. Except during the war but Elain thought that didn't really count. She sighed and closed her eyes. A sound of wings flapping pulled her from her thoughts.
Right.
She was in the Shadowsinger's arms. She'd been so lost in her thoughts, she'd almost forgotten in whose arms she was. In fact Elain's mind hadn't registered Azriel picking her up and flying away. The whole time she had been looking at her mate. Mate.
Elain tried not to sigh as she wished she felt something towards the Shadowsinger, but instead nothing. The night when they had almost kissed seemed centuries ago. His refusal hurt at first, but when he stopped visiting it had been easier for Elain to get over him. It had been easier for Elain to understand that she'd fallen for the Shadowsinger because he was the one who helped her, the one who figured out she is a seer and the one who came for her in the Hybern camp. That she had been heartbroken over Grayson's refusal and her heart had started to flutter for the first man that stood by her side and helped her.
Lucien helped you too, she thought.
Yes, Lucien went all alone in lands he didn't know based only on her visions and brought an army with himself. He'd had faith in her since the beginning.

Elain slumped her shoulders and noticed that the Illyrians were very near the wide terrace on Feyre's house. Instead of a rooftop with tjegulla, there was a very big and open terrace, perfect for the Illyrians and Feyre to land or fly from. 
'Thanks,' she hopped away from the Shadowsinger's arms and turned around. After being absent for a lot of "family gatherings" with the Inner Circle she and Azriel had developed a new kind of relationship. If it could be called one.
They didn't speak much with each other but deep down Elain wished he would find his significant other and find peace and happiness. She was sure Azriel also wished the best for her, so it was enough.
Bidding everyone goodnight at once, she ran to her room and closed the door behind her shoulders. Sighing, she slumped her shoulders and sat on her vanity.
'Lady Elain.'
'AAA, Nuala you almost gave me a heart attack.' The wraith's shoulders shook with mirth as she laughed silently. The lights were off so the only way Elain could see her shadowy figure was through the moonlight entering the open curtains.
'Apologies Lady Elain,' her laugh subdued but a small smile lingered on Nuala's face as she turned on the lights. 'I did not mean to frighten you. I am here to prepare your bath and comb your hair.'
'It's okay. I can do those myself. You can go and tend to Feyre.'
'Cerridwen is tending to the High Lady. You look downhearted. Is something bothering you Lady?'
Putting her face in her hands Elain sighed again.
'Yes, I have this super big problem. I will be going to the Autumn Court for three weeks. With Lucien and to a royal wedding no less. Ugh. How will I even... What will I even do there?'
Nuala shook her head. 'This is truly something to be disheartened for. The Autumn Court and it's High family certainly have a reputation.'
'Exactly. And I may not be perfect in Fae politics but I know that the Night Court doesn't really have good relations with the Autumn Court.'
'You're right Lady. Also I believe you mentioned a wedding.'
'Yeah, Lucien's brother; Isaiah is getting married and apparently Lucien has to go there three weeks prior. And since we are mates we have to go together.'
Nuala paced towards Elain and taking a comb she started to detangle her hair.
'Also Lady. There is this other matter.'
Elain met Nuala's eyes in the mirror.
'Right now I don't want to hear anything.' She said pleadingly but Nuala continued as if she hadn't heard her. 
'Actually we have to pack three weeks worth of clothes, fancy dresses, make up and jewellery. When will you be leaving?'
'Well the actual wedding is after three months, which leaves me with two months and a week to get ready.' She took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. 'I should stop panicking. I will leave panicking to next month. That's what I will do. Ouch!'
'Sorry Lady, your hair were tangled up,' Nuala smiled mischievously. 'Then again, three weeks alone with the handsome fireboy and only with him to rely to don't sound so bad.'
'Nuala!'
'Its okay Lady,' she winked. 'Whatever happens no one will question you. It's understandable. You are mates after all.'
Elain turned around to face Nuala, who was smirking.
'Don't thin-'
'I will go and prepare your bath.' And with that she disappeared leaving an appalled Elain behind.