Part 13

'Aurelia here,' Elain thrust forward two boxes, 'one is for you and the other one is for Helion.'

Aurelia curiously eyed the boxes as she reached for both of them, giving one to Helion who stood right beside her. After they had finished eating, what Elain thought had been the most awkward meal in her life or maybe it was the second most awkward. The first one was the first dinner she'd had with Feyre as Fae and the Illyrians. Helion stood always near Aurelia or right next to her. In the short amount of time Helion hadn't left his mate's side once.

'What are these?'

'These are magical boxes. They are bound together and if you put something in one of the boxes it goes to the other one in a blink of an eye. Look.' Elain took a small gold ring with a green stone from her pinkie and put it inside the box in Aurelia's hand and then closed the box.

'Now Helion open your box.'

Helion did as she said and opened the box revealing Elain's golden ring that hadn't been there previously. A shadow of a smile ghosted his face, yet the sky still looked gloomy.

'Its a nice idea Elain, thanks for the thought.' Aurelia reached into Helion's box and took Elain's ring before giving it to her.

'I believe hiding it in my clothes won't be a problem. It's lovely.' Aurelia's thumb trailed over the beautifully carved twirls on the box. 'Thanks again.' She smiled softly and gave Elain's hand a little squeeze to which Elain responded with a smile of her own.

A small thump on the the living room interrupted the moment startling them all.

'Eris?' Lucien's voice echoed surprised.

Eyes narrowing, Helion tightened his grip in Aurelia's waist. It wasn't time for her to leave yet. They had probably another two hours left.

'Brother,' Eris' sharp voice sliced through the silence. Glancing at each other once the mates went out of the dining room towards the living room, Elain trailing after them.

In the middle of the room stood the Autumn heir, clad in red and orange Autumn clothes, his hair long enough to be tied back, his gaze taking in the place until they stopped at his mother. A soft smile appeared in his face, catching Elain off guard. She's heard of the Autumn heir from her sisters and seen him in Hewn city, but hadn't really spoken to him. According to what she'd heard Eris didn't seem like a very loving mama's boy type of guy, but maybe mothers were always their sons dearest.

'Mother.'

'Eris,' Aurelia opened her arms and Eris came straight to her, hugging her deeply as if they had been apart for so long. 'Welcome child.'

One of Aurelia's hands splayed across Eris' broad back and the other caressed his hair softly, gently, oozing motherly love and care. Eris tucked his face in the place where Aurelia's shoulder met her neck and wrapped his arms around his mother giving her a little squeeze before pulling away. Turning his eyes towards Helion, the males simply acknowledged each others presence with a nod.

'Helion.' Nod.

'Eris, Helion nodded his voice pure ice. 'I believe you have come a little sooner that supposed.'

'Am aware,' Eris replied sweetly, yet his eyes were anything but. His eyes narrowed as they went to his mother's waist seeing Helion's hand splayed there possessively. 'But I am afraid we have to go now mother. Beron is coming from the Human Lands. Perhaps you should go to your human queen Lucien. She will need all the help she can get.'

A thunder was heard somewhere far and Helion growled softly at the mention of Beron's name.

'What has Vassa have to do with this?'