Second Chances

Y/n POV
"So then I found out that the bullet had actually lodged itself there and the other guy was just too scared to look" I giggled and Hank laughed along with me.

We had departed for the case regarding the two kids and their mother and were currently heading towards the psychiatric hospital Alyson resided in to see if we could find any evidence towards her whereabouts.

This current situation was just the nice in between, Hank and I telling random jokes as we drove just to cut the time short. This was the in between that no one saw.

"Wait so you're telling me, he got a bullet right there?" He asked in disbelief.

"Right there" I giggled again

"And you looked?!" He laughed harder.

"Yeah the other guys were pussies" I said and looked over at him as he drove.

He held a delighted and almost proud smirk on his face as I had delivered this story to him. But I also took the time to admire and observe his features. The sharp jawline, the aged and tired bags under his eyes, the bright but also dull aspects of his eyes.

A smile made its way onto my face before the car stopped and I then turned my attention out the window.

"We're here" I mumbled to myself. I had to prove myself this time. If I wanted to prevail in this job I had to be strong for the team no matter what happened. No matter the cost.

I felt a warm touch on my shoulder. "Everything will be alright" Hank said. "There's always time for a second chance"

I smiled gratefully before we both exited the car walking towards Jay who had made it before us.

"Anyone see or say anything out here?" Hank asked to which Jay shook his head.

"No, but something seems off here sarge, they all refuse to really talk about Gonzalez in general and refer to her as "the girl"." He said

Hank scoffed and walked towards the staff member that Jay had been talking too. "Hi there, my name is Sargent Hank Voight, I understand that you worked with Mrs. Gonzalez during her treatment here??" He asked

As I observed the woman I realized she kept looking up towards the building causing me to tilt my head before I looked back at her.

Now normally I wasn't aggressive and would let Hank handle this but I don't think he was quite catching the glances through his own rage towards her inability to respond to simple questions.

Before he started to yell I walked up to the staff member grabbing her tightly around the wrist spinning her and attaching the handcuffs around her wrist.

"Y/N What-" Hank started. But I turned and looked at him with a smile.

"The best thing about people like this Sarge, is that when they're scared and being used as a pawn, they use body language to convey they need help" I whispered and nudged my head towards a window in the building.

He nodded slightly and looked at me before speaking "take her to the car and then we will head inside"

I nodded and lead the last to the car only to hear a faint whisper coming from her that I had to strain my ears to hear "sorry? I didn't quite catch that?"

She whispered again but this time... "thank you.."

I smiled slightly "Of course it's all part of the job." Once I got the staff member situated within in the car I looked her dead in the eyes and then spoke.

"Okay now tell me what you know about Alison Gonzalez"

(SO I PLAN TO CONTINUE THIS CHAPTER IN THE NEXT BUT AND I KNOW IT IS SHORT NOW BUT I THOUGHT AFTER WAITING SO LONG YOU ALL DESERVED A SNIPPIT OF WHATS TO COME!!! I'm working on the next bit of this chapter now so keep your eyes peeled!)